Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E-30 becoming more noticed by collectors?

Posted by Bob in Lake Havasu 
The April issue of the BMW CCA magazine (Roundel) featured two different E-30 stories. These demonstrate how timeless these cars are. One went to Barrett Jackson for 29,700 and the other to a collector as well. There were some nice ones advertised for sale in the classifieds. One of the ads was mine and it did not get a response right away but I repeated the ad in June with a much better response. I think the market for these cars has been noticed by collectors. I may be sorry I have let that one go.
I still have two to take care of so will keep working on them to make them better. Fixing some oil leaks for sure.

Bob
Good to know. I have been debating whether it is worth it to get the old girl re-painted. The clear coat is starting to lift. The problem is urethane paints have pretty much been banned in California. Everything is now water base.
Might be worth a trip out of state to a shop that uses the good stuff. It is painful putting $4000 into paint that will not last. If the car is otherwise in good condition, the expense is worth the enjoyment of having a very nice ride. It is enjoyable having mine noticed nearly every time I take it out.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Recent issues of the Roundel has some nice E-30 for sale and the prices are also very nice...for the seller. These are truly collectible cars.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login