Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

A little BMW history...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
January 23, 2011 08:30PM
I have a few other BMW bits laying around since I sold the iX.

This is one of them and I would like to offer it up to one of you guys before it goes to ePrey...

The watch was a special edition made exclusively for BMW. It has a Swiss Ronda 715 quartz 5 jewel movement.
I've had the watch for over 3 years and just recently replaced the battery, so it should be good for another 2-3 years.

The watch is in very good condition with no visible marks on the crystal and only a few marks on the case under magnification. The hands are fitted with Tritium tubes so it glows all night long without needing to be charged up. Tritium is radio active but emits Beta rays and is so weak that it is not able to penetrate the glass vials that contain the Tritium gas that excites the phosphor material.

When new, this watch was probably sold by BMW in the $350 to $500 range.
If any one of you, my friends, want this watch; I'll let it go for $150...if not it will go to ePrey and start at $250 for a quick sale.

I can do Paypal and will include fees and shipping.
January 24, 2011 08:25AM
Wow Pete, that is a stunning timepiece.
Unless it were being sold to keep the roof over the head or food in the belly, I would think twice about selling it.
If I had the money right now I would grab it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E30'S AREN'T BUILT, THEY'RE CAUGHT IN THE WILD!!!

When in doubt, use full throttle,
it may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspence.
January 25, 2011 07:22PM
Fortunately, I'm not in that situation quite yet. I need to sell it to generate the funds for another watch that I can bang around with impunity...it would be a real shame to ding this one up.
March 18, 2011 08:28AM
SOLD!

Thanks to the new owner and may you enjoy wearing this while driving your E30 :cool2:
February 04, 2014 12:54PM
Wow, I haven't posted here in a long time, I'm surprised my login still worked. Oh man Peter, you finally moved on from your iX? What happened? Fill me in, update me!
February 04, 2014 01:31PM
dwonda
Wow, I haven't posted here in a long time, I'm surprised my login still worked. Oh man Peter, you finally moved on from your iX? What happened? Fill me in, update me!

It was a dark and stormy night...

Actually the sun was out and it was warm; I know because I was sitting in the back yard enjoying the summer weather.
I had been out of work for several months and the property taxes came due. I had to sell the iX to keep my house sad smiley

A good friend gave me his Chevy S-10 pickup which I used while working in the cabinetmaking business. When that Peter'd out; I got back into the high tech stuff and got all caught up financially. The truck was costing me about $750 per month in repairs so I traded it in on a 2004 Toyota Echo. This car has cost me nothing but gas and oil for the two years I've had it. Darn thing gets over 45mpg in the city!

I miss the iX but I miss the convenience of the truck even more. I can't even put a roof rack on the Echo.

How have things been with you? Did you graduate?
February 11, 2014 06:01PM
Yes I did, and I'm currently interviewing in NC for a job NOT in my field lol. You say you're in the high tech stuff, what kind of stuff do you do? Manitba public insurance forced me to take my first E36 off the road when they saw the rust on it when I brought it in for a minor fender bender, that was a mistake. The car was rusty though and it did bother me, my mistake was buying a car that came from your area! Haha. I now drive a '96 328iS, from BC, never winter driven. Its a good car and it actually has the interior of my previous one, why you ask? A. because I don't like Tan, B. because despite my previous car being a rust bucket the interior was in great shape, the only thing I wasn't able to get into my current one was the carpet. but literally everything else I swapped, even the steering wheel because the stitching was torn on the original one. In the picture I've attached you can see my old one in front of my work van, as nice as the wheels look on my new car, I sold them, because they weren't really my style, and 18" rims are too big in my opinion on this car, and the tires on them were shit. So I took the stock 16" wheels off my old car which actually look great, and they had my new tires with under a thousand miles, Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position all-seasons. There were actually quite a few bits and pieces I kept from my old car before I sold it to the wrecker, passenger side electric door lock being one of them. I also managed to get a Eibach spring and Bilstein sport suspension on the car, and replaced every part in the front end minus the steering rack, inner rods, and sway bar. So this is now the first car I've had that DOESN'T need new shocks!!! This was the despair of my beloved E30, which I crashed on my way back from the garage (to get new shocks) because there was not a soul to be found. I thought maybe the same thing would happen when I got a new suspension installed on this car but luckily that didn't happen.

I'm looking forward to trying autocross, never done it before. But I have some things I want to get done before that. like 17" wheels with new tires, and bigger brakes, and an LSD. I'd also like to do some engine modifications, and get a lightened flywheel, but first things first.

Anyways sorry for puking my guts in your face, its great to hear from you again!
Attachments:
open | download - 549027_595648210262_1678598766_n.jpg (116.2 KB)
February 19, 2014 12:05AM
February 23, 2014 08:52PM
Move up to the community forum and you'll get lots of responses...posts sort of get lost down here at the bottom of the page ;-)
March 10, 2014 08:05PM
Archeo-peteriX
Move up to the community forum and you'll get lots of responses...posts sort of get lost down here at the bottom of the page ;-)

Yeah, this belongs in the community forum, unless you wanto to sell the e36...
March 10, 2014 08:35PM
Well whatever, someone asked me how things are with me, and I replied and that is that. Not going to post the same thing in the community forum.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 47
Record Number of Users: 3 on September 29, 2015
Record Number of Guests: 116 on November 11, 2017