Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

activation messages

Posted by daniel 
December 15, 2008 11:13AM
Is there any way to make our emails not be filtered into the spam folders of various email providers? I just manually activated two people who had their activation email filtered. i can't remember if this is the case, but on the page where it says "check your email to activate" we might need to add "check your spam folders".

December 15, 2008 11:22AM
daniel
Is there any way to make our emails not be filtered into the spam folders of various email providers? I just manually activated two people who had their activation email filtered. i can't remember if this is the case, but on the page where it says "check your email to activate" we might need to add "check your spam folders".
Good catch. Unfortunately we have no control over the aggessiveness of all the myriad of spam filters out there. There's obviously something in the email message that's triggering some filters, but each one will be different, and there's no way to figure out what to change. Even if we did change something, someone else's filter would inevitably not like whatever we did.

I'll make a change to the note that reminds people to check their spam folders, too.

December 15, 2008 11:38AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login