Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stickeys?

Posted by alanrw 
December 13, 2008 05:26PM
Are we going to have a sticky with critical links like the OEM parts catalog or the link to the dashboard swap or the online factory repair manual? I think there are a number of "How To" articles that should be linked.

alan
December 13, 2008 07:19PM
alanrw
Are we going to have a sticky with critical links like the OEM parts catalog or the link to the dashboard swap or the online factory repair manual? I think there are a number of "How To" articles that should be linked.

Definitely. But should they be stickies in the forum section, or links from the main page? Or both?

December 13, 2008 07:35PM
alanrw

alan

Hang them on the main page and also the tech forum smileys with beer
December 13, 2008 10:34PM
Doesn't really matter where, just so they exist for member's convenience. The moderators can always update the links. Perhaps a thread on "How to" and a thread for resources?

alan
December 13, 2008 11:27PM
alanrw
Doesn't really matter where, just so they exist for member's convenience. The moderators can always update the links. Perhaps a thread on "How to" and a thread for resources?

alan

i think that is feasible, especially since we can add links to the first post in the thread, keeping them in some kind of order, and when someone posts in the thread we can move the link up to the first post and delete the other post to keep it nice and tidy.

December 15, 2008 10:46AM
Dave_G
alanrw

Definitely. But should they be stickies in the forum section, or links from the main page? Or both?

I vote for no stickeys in the forums. We could/should have a FAQ's or Reference board where things like that could go. I spend time on another forum and when a stickey goes up, it usually stays there for months (long past its useful life) and gets quite annoying.

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
December 15, 2008 12:33PM
Cab Treadway
Dave_G
alanrw

I vote for no stickeys in the forums. We could/should have a FAQ's or Reference board where things like that could go. I spend time on another forum and when a stickey goes up, it usually stays there for months (long past its useful life) and gets quite annoying.

I tend to agree...stickeys on forum pages are like the post-it notes all over my monitor. I have one now that was a reminder for a dental appointment last Sept :embarrassed:
December 15, 2008 12:52PM
Archeo-peteriX
I have one now that was a reminder for a dental appointment last Sept :embarrassed:

I hope you didn't miss it! Or that your teef haven't fallen out in the interim.

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
December 15, 2008 01:03PM
Cab Treadway
Archeo-peteriX
I have one now that was a reminder for a dental appointment last Sept :embarrassed:

Nope, the system works
rkj
December 18, 2008 03:52PM
Archeo-peteriX
Cab Treadway
Archeo-peteriX

Nope, the system works

Whats a stickeys please?
December 18, 2008 04:49PM
rkj
Whats a stickeys please?
A sticky post is one that remains on the top of the message list forever, and never goes away. Only the forum admin has the ablity to make a post sticky. You can see a couple of sticky posts at the top of the Announcements section.

January 28, 2009 01:01AM
a sticky has been added to the top of the technical section with useful technical links. if you know of any useful links that aren't listed, please post them in that thread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login