Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

why so much blank space in one browser?

Posted by daniel 
December 08, 2008 11:26PM
in google chrome there is a ton of blank space, in IE8 there is not. I tried clearing the cache, but that didnt do anything. any other ideas?

daniel
in google chrome there is a ton of blank space, in IE8 there is not. I tried clearing the cache, but that didnt do anything. any other ideas?
Hmmm. Because I forgot to check Google Chrome when I was developing the template? :undecided:

Actually, it looks like Chrome has some strange behaviors when it comes to interpreting CSS styles. It does the same thing with some of the other Phorum templates, too. It will take some deeper digging to figure out exactly what Chrome is trying to do.

In the mean time, if you want to use Chrome, you can change the template your browser uses by going to the control center and selecting a new template (it's under options > forum settings). The Phorum Emerald template seems to works with Chrome OK, but you'll have to get used to everything being green.

Firefox, IE, and Konqueror all work OK.

I haven't checked Opera yet, but a quick search tells me it will behave the same as Chrome and Safari.

Dave_G
And Safari does the same thing as Google Chrome.
Firefox, IE, and Konqueror all work OK.
I haven't checked Opera yet, but a quick search tells me it will behave the same as Chrome and Safari.

Whenever a page works in one browser but not another, one should always suspect HTML validation errors.

There are several online validators available that will accept a page URL and tell you if your code is valid. eg. [validator.w3.org]

A handy validator plug-in exists for Firefox and Mozilla products. see: http://users.skynet.be/mgueury/mozilla/
ahh, very interesting. i will try out some of the other templates. thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login