Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

member rides section

Posted by daniel 
February 12, 2009 03:34PM
i'd like to add a member rides section where people can post their cars.

yea or nay?

EDIT: where should this section live?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 08:26PM by daniel.
February 12, 2009 05:31PM
Kind of sort of like a registry?

I say yay smileys with beer
February 12, 2009 08:25PM
Archeo-peteriX

yeah kind of sort of like that. people could say a little something about themselves or their cars, and post pictures or whatever else.

maybe the section could be called "Member Registry" or "Member Profiles" instead of just "Member Rides"

February 12, 2009 08:52PM
daniel
Archeo-peteriX

yeah kind of sort of like that. people could say a little something about themselves or their cars, and post pictures or whatever else.

maybe the section could be called "Member Registry" or "Member Profiles" instead of just "Member Rides"

I think 'Registry' may be the best term and it's recognizable by most folks thumbs up
February 12, 2009 10:22PM
i guess if its a registry it is obviously for members. doh

February 13, 2009 02:24AM
i'll let dave handle this... i don't want to mess anything up.

February 13, 2009 04:36AM
daniel
i'll let dave handle this... i don't want to mess anything up.
OK. Be patient. It may be later this weekend or early next week. I'm entering a busy stretch right now.smiling smiley

February 25, 2009 03:46PM
i'm going to give it a shot, and if it is messed up, well, it can be fixed grinning smiley

February 26, 2009 01:34PM
Looks like you did it just fine. Thanks for setting that up!

February 26, 2009 02:06PM
Dave_G
Looks like you did it just fine. Thanks for setting that up!

the only part i wasnt too sure about was the "viewing options" part, where it gave the option of flat, threaded, or hybrid. i figured hybrid was the correct option so that people could choose their preference, yes?

February 26, 2009 02:12PM
daniel
the only part i wasnt too sure about was the "viewing options" part, where it gave the option of flat, threaded, or hybrid. i figured hybrid was the correct option so that people could choose their preference, yes?
Actually, most people will probably use the flat view, but it doesn't matter, because it seems that each user's personal preferences override whatever the forum setting is. The default for the rest of the site is flat, I think. The hybrid view is kind of the worst of flat combined with the worst of threaded, IMHO.

February 26, 2009 07:44PM
Dave_G
daniel
Actually, most people will probably use the flat view, but it doesn't matter, because it seems that each user's personal preferences override whatever the forum setting is. The default for the rest of the site is flat, I think. The hybrid view is kind of the worst of flat combined with the worst of threaded, IMHO.

ohh...should i go change it back?

February 26, 2009 07:47PM
daniel
You can if it makes you feel better, but I doubt anyone would notice. smiling smiley It will just display however people have their preference set. Of course, if someone hasn't set a preference, then I suppose it would display in hybrid view. So on second thought, I guess it would be better set to the forum default (flat).

February 26, 2009 08:27PM
Dave_G
daniel
You can if it makes you feel better, but I doubt anyone would notice. smiling smiley It will just display however people have their preference set. Of course, if someone hasn't set a preference, then I suppose it would display in hybrid view. So on second thought, I guess it would be better set to the forum default (flat).
i guess it ended up defaulting anyway, so it has the correct setting. cooool

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login