Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Avatars and membership ranking...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
December 06, 2008 03:24PM
Will we be having the option of adding an avatar and membership ranking?

It would be nice if the number of posts for various membership levels was greater than the old system. Also...no mo hos smiling bouncing smiley
December 06, 2008 03:27PM
Yes, yes, and I agree.

December 06, 2008 04:20PM
Dibs on the basement room and the beer fridge!!!!!

smileys with beer

P.S., what about BMW suppliers being approached to sponsor the site? Really not a lot of $.

alan
December 06, 2008 07:00PM

Still working on the labels for numbers of posts.

I'm also trying to get the user name and info over on the left side of the post where they belong.

December 06, 2008 08:08PM
December 07, 2008 11:47AM
OK, user info is now over on the left. If you don't like it, you can change the template in the Control Center at the top of the page. Getting the current look involved a fair bit of code hacking on my part, so if anything is screwed up (which would not surprise me in the least), please let me know!

Still working on the labels for post counts.

I also need to fix the quote link so it behaves normally instead of giving you and ugly text thing with a bunch of >>>.

December 07, 2008 07:37PM
More progress! I've fixed the quote feature so it looks better now.

I've also got post count categories set up. No more junkies, addicts, and hos. I've cleaned up the neighborhood. smiling smiley The top post count is much higher than 200 now. I've raised it to 5000, though so far I've only come up with names for up to 1000. So nobody go writing more than 1000 posts until I can come up with names, OK? (You know who you are. smiling smiley) Too bad we all have to start from zero posts again.

As always, my tinkering might cause unforeseen bugs that might not show up until sometime down the road, so be on the lookout and let me know if any bugs need squashing.

The weekend is over and this week is looking a little more busy, so the pace of things might slow down a little bit.

December 07, 2008 07:47PM
Dave_G

I've also got post count categories set up. No more junkies, addicts, and hos. I've cleaned up the neighborhood. smiling smiley The top post count is much higher than 200 now. I've raised it to 5000, though so far I've only come up with names for up to 1000. So nobody go writing more than 1000 posts until I can come up with names, OK? (You know who you are. smiling smiley) Too bad we all have to start from zero posts again.

As always, my tinkering might cause unforeseen bugs that might not show up until sometime down the road, so be on the lookout and let me know if any bugs need squashing.

The weekend is over and this week is looking a little more busy, so the pace of things might slow down a little bit.

you are awesome dave. thanks again for setting this up. let me know if there is anything you need/want me to do on the administrative side, and how much we owe you.

(testing quote feature...looks nice!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2008 07:48PM by daniel.
December 07, 2008 09:06PM
daniel
Dave_G

you are awesome dave. thanks again for setting this up. let me know if there is anything you need/want me to do on the administrative side, and how much we owe you.

+1 thumbs up

I went away for a couple of hours and you guys have ripped a new hole for this forum!!!
Keep it coming...I am suitably impressed and I also vote for Daniel to be one of the new moderators thumbs up
December 07, 2008 09:23PM
Archeo-peteriX
daniel
Dave_G

+1 thumbs up

I went away for a couple of hours and you guys have ripped a new hole for this forum!!!
Keep it coming...I am suitably impressed and I also vote for Daniel to be one of the new moderators thumbs up

thanks for the support, peter.

December 07, 2008 09:47PM
daniel
Archeo-peteriX
daniel
Dave_G

+1 thumbs up

I'm working on a spare set of keys to the beer fridge winking smiley

...besides, although you are outspoken; you are also one of the more restrained posters here and I would feel relatively comfortable with you being a moderator thumbs up

I'm outspoken too but also realize that on occasion, I can and have stepped over the line. Moderating is about control and you seem to have it, most of the time winking smiley
December 07, 2008 10:00PM
Archeo-peteriX
daniel
Archeo-peteriX
daniel
Dave_G

Hehe thanks. I try my best to keep a level head in any situation. For what it's worth, I think you should be given a copy of the mod key also.

+1 thumbs up

...besides, although you are outspoken; you are also one of the more restrained posters here and I would feel relatively comfortable with you being a moderator thumbs up

I'm outspoken too but also realize that on occasion, I can and have stepped over the line. Moderating is about control and you seem to have it, most of the time winking smiley

i posted this from my iphone, and for some reason it didnt seem to include the text i added. basically i said something like "thanks, i try to keep a level head all the time. i think you should be a moderator too if you wanted to be one."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2008 10:50PM by daniel.
December 07, 2008 10:19PM
daniel
Archeo-peteriX
daniel
Archeo-peteriX
daniel
Dave_G

Hehe thanks. I try my best to keep a level head in any situation. For what it's worth, I think you should be given a copy of the mod key also.

+1 thumbs up

Cool...the wine from dinner has just about worn off (dang, where is the HE HE icon?)
December 07, 2008 10:50PM
see updated post above yours.

December 07, 2008 11:18PM
daniel

Ok, I see what happened.

But this points out to a small problem...our threads seem to be really long. Not wordy but they take up so much space on the page sad smiley

I wonder if we could dispense with some of the stuff above the message box and simplify it a bit like Gus managed to do?
December 07, 2008 11:26PM
Archeo-peteriX
daniel

Ok, I see what happened.

But this points out to a small problem...our threads seem to be really long. Not wordy but they take up so much space on the page sad smiley

I wonder if we could dispense with some of the stuff above the message box and simplify it a bit like Gus managed to do?

That would be nice. i am working on high-res monitor and everything is still pretty big. even the default font (although that might be a browser setting).

December 08, 2008 04:53AM
I have reduced the size of the default font. If it turns out to be too small I can always make it bigger again. It will take a little more work to reduce the amount of blank space to compress things a bit, but I'll see what I can do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2008 04:55AM by Dave_G.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login