Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Really cool video about a man and his e30

Posted by Flyboy 
September 24, 2012 08:51AM
Hi All
Thought I would share this really cool video about a guy talking about his e30.
It just says so well, what e30 owners already know, hope you enjoy it.

[video]http://vimeo.com/44666145[/video]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E30'S AREN'T BUILT, THEY'RE CAUGHT IN THE WILD!!!

When in doubt, use full throttle,
it may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspence.
I feel the same way about my E-30 and I have only had it for 8 years. It is 1990 cabrio and I really enjoy driving it. Just got back from a trip to Montana last weekend. Was able to drive a few hours each way with the top down. Within a couple of weeks it will turn over 222,222 miles. I hope to be able to get a picture of the odometer.

Bob in Lake Havasu
The car from the video looks better than new.
Some people really knows how to keep a car.
:cool2:
Cool video. Thanks for that. I had seen it before but it was nice seeing it again. Someday I hope I can get my E30 looking that nice.

I couldn't help noticing on the instrument panel that his brake lining warning light was on, just like mine has been for the past few months, ever since the wire on the rear sensor broke. One of these days I'll get around to replacing it. smiling smiley

I will have to try unplugging mine too. It stays on all the time. I have heard the failure is a conductor in the wires that go to the brake sensor rather than the sensor itself. A difficult fix since most difficult to find where to splice.
If that is the case, unplugging may not help.

Bob in Lake Havasu
The brake pad wear sensor warning light is triggered when either the pad sensor is worn down to the point where the embedded wire grounds against the brake rotor, or the the circuit is broken (open).

Unplugging the sensor will leave an open circuit, unless you insert a jumper wire across the terminals of the empty plug. It's usually a problem with an intermittent connection somewhere, li.e.loose connector or broken wire.

What Michiel meant to say was, "Just unplug the warning light bulb from the instrument cluster."
September 27, 2012 06:25PM
If it were not so much trouble to get to the lamp, I would do the same.

Bob in Lake Havasu
October 05, 2012 02:33PM
The wires near the wheel are still easier to reach, and I would try to restore the wear sensor function, if possible.
I am not a huge fan of the Haynes "weekly check2, i do that 3 or 4 times per year or in case something calls my immediate attention...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login