Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Snow, ice, rain, fog ...winter sucks sad smiley

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
January 17, 2009 07:29PM
This is the farthest I've been able to see down my street in the last 5 days eye popping smiley

I think I'll move to Darwin Australia...it's warm and no chance of snow,ice or fog grinning smiley
I dunno -- my daughter and I had a great day skiing today in the sunshine and cold. Tonight we're looking at another 6 inches of snow and an even better day skiing tomorrow. And next weekend... ICE RACING!!!! Woohoo! Winter is great! B)

Dave_G
I dunno -- my daughter and I had a great day skiing today in the sunshine and cold. Tonight we're looking at another 6 inches of snow and an even better day skiing tomorrow. And next weekend... ICE RACING!!!! Woohoo! Winter is great! B)

The closest I ever get to ice racing is scraping the stuff off my windshield :crying:
Yesterday, Molly and I took the most wonderful walk through our snow-covered dog park. The weather was perfect, around 15°F, sunny, and the trails were all snow-packed and not icy. Beautiful. Right now it's snowing gently, with about 5 inches having fallen so far, and another inch or two still to come. I love it. Long live winter!

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
Archeo-peteriX
I think I'll move to Darwin Australia...it's warm and no chance of snow,ice or fog grinning smiley

Sounds boring!
rkj
I love winter, but these days, now that I can't sky anymore, I just wait till the spring (or warm days over 44) to get the bikes out hot smiley Getting old sucks.
rkj
Getting old sucks.
Yeah, but it's better than the alternative. winking smiley

Dave_G
rkj
Getting old sucks.
Yeah, but it's better than the alternative. winking smiley

I'll take getting young over getting old any day grinning smiley
snow rules. we don't get it here so much in the past years sad smiley
we get at most 1 day of snow / winter. in this crappy city. this year, even the mountains are short on snow.

i remember back in 1986, in my home town, one evening was so nice and clear, next morning we had 2 METERS of snow all over the town. it was beautifull, no car, no pedestrians, just snow all over smiling smiley took me 2 hours to get to school, only to find out that the day was cancelled due to snow, haha.

now i beg for 2 centimeters of snow sad smiley

--
A physics truck just turned over outside. There's physics everywhere!
jaffar
now i beg for 2 centimeters of snow sad smiley

And then you'll beg for FWD again?
not sure sad smiley
fwd is a lot safer at this time of the year.
the crappy shit that the mayor pours on the streets during winter also helps to this feeling. the asphalt looks like... well... SHIT. all the small and grippy things in the road are completely levelled by this brown slippery substance. it's like driving on ice.

--
A physics truck just turned over outside. There's physics everywhere!
jaffar
fwd is a lot safer at this time of the year.

Hehe, you go on thinking that if you insist. I feel much less unsafe and sure-footed driving my FWD car in the winter.

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login