June 13, 2012 03:17AM
From "The Tobacco shop"

I am nothing.
I will always be nothing.
I can't want to be something.
I have in me all the dreams of the world nevertheless.

Álvaro de Campos
June 13, 2012 06:08PM
With dreams all things are possible. First we dream then we do....when we follow those dreams.

Bob in Lake Havasu
June 14, 2012 04:20AM
Bob in Everett
With dreams all things are possible. First we dream then we do....when we follow those dreams.

Yeah, thatt's about the line of thought he followed in the complete poem, but he was extremely frustrated cause he couldn't achieve much.
Then someone he knew left the Tobacco shop and waved at him, so he snapped out of the metaphysical considerations.

Regards,
JP
June 14, 2012 08:17PM
Well I am glad he did snap out of it. Would be bad to go through life looking at the ground all the time.:rally:

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
June 29, 2012 03:21PM
Bob in Everett
Well I am glad he did snap out of it. Would be bad to go through life looking at the ground all the time.:rally:

Although 'nothing' can be an important part of ones life. Has for me. Sailing was one of the best examples of having nothing happening. Peaceful smileys with beer or even sitting by the water (look below)

Rick

perseverance furthers
June 29, 2012 05:59PM
Rick, to some; that is everything!

I look forward to the day I can do nothing like that and experience the world I've missed most of my life because I've been scurrying around gathering nuts :-O
rkj
July 01, 2012 09:13PM
Archeo-peteriX
Rick, to some; that is everything!

I look forward to the day I can do nothing like that and experience the world I've missed most of my life because I've been scurrying around gathering nuts :-O

Yeah, I'm still working on the same thing Peter, but now that I'm too old and sick to restore cars anymore sad smiley I have had some time to rock back a bit and enjoy things a little more.

I'm working hard on my rehab though.... Rick :wavey:
July 02, 2012 04:28AM
You are right, Rick!
But the poet who wrote the text started like that, had nothing going on in his room but a lot going through his mind.

The complete text is "Tobacco Shop", but i couldn't find it translated in English complete, just excerpts.

Another part:

(Eat your chocolates, little girl!
Eat your chocolates!
Look, there's no metaphysics on earth but chocolates.
Look, all religions on earth have nothing more to teach us than a candy store does.
Eat, dirty little girl, eat them up!
If I could gobble down those chocolates as trustily as you do!
But I think, peeling off the silver wrapper, it's only tinfoil,
And toss it in the floor, just as I've tossed away my life.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login