Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Happy Easter all you lucky E30ers!

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
April 08, 2012 06:24PM
I hope this finds you all enjoying this long week end and that your weather is a sunny and warm as here.

While I no longer have my iX; I constantly think of it and how much fun it was to drive :cool2:
Peter,
It was a glorious day in the Northwest for sure today. Waxed the cabrio and cleaned the wheels. Did not drive though. Also decided to change the antenna grommet and found out how difficult it is. Had to take out most of the trunk liner to get the antenna loose and get the new grommet in place.

For any who want to try it...once the old grommet is out, put the new one in the hole first and then push the antenna motor housing through it from inside. I tried for half an hour to slip the grommet over the housing and then push the grommet into the hole in the body. That left side liner is a bear to get out of the way.

Bob

Bob in Lake Havasu
Same to you, Archie! And while I still have my E30, all I can do is think of how much I miss it and how much fun it was/is to drive. :confused:

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
Took mine out yesterday. Heard what sounded like a bee hive under the car. Tapped on my new catalytic converter, sounds like marbles in there. Sigh.....I guess I have to call Pelican Parts and see what they want to do about that, the part is just over a year old.

Any danger to the engine driving it until the cat is replaced?

alan
I had a good Easter in the country with family, at my parents, check out some relatives i haven't seen for years.

Now, back to work.

:dance:
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
I hope this finds you all enjoying this long week end and that your weather is a sunny and warm as here.

While I no longer have my iX; I constantly think of it and how much fun it was to drive :cool2:

Hey Peter, We had a mellow Easter holiday here, Janet was coming down with a cold and I was keeping good care of her, all and all, a nice quiet time. A few days ago I got all my paperwork for the classic car insurance so I went to get my plates. I took the 325 for a ride and was amazed to see how tight it was, how light the doors felt and how much I loved driving it.

Wish you, and all the folks here, all the best. Rick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login