Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hey guys and gals(I didn't forget you Kelly)...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
This new home is shaping up nicely B)-

I wonder if we could entice Vlad to come back for a peak? I miss that guy a lot...he made me the Archeo-peteriX I am today smiling smiley

Seven cheers for Dave smileys with beer

...where did all those extra 'smileys' go confused smiley
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

I wonder if we could entice Vlad to come back for a peak? I miss that guy a lot...he made me the Archeo-peteriX I am today smiling smiley

I wanted to say something to the Vlad thing too (I was thinking this morning I missed him too Peter); awhile ago I was searching the net for our old forum (I forget why but...) and search as I may I couldn't pick it up on goggle search no matter what I tried. You guys that are much more in touch with things internet, can this be addressed so people who need help might be directed here, maybe even wayward old members?
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

I wanted to say something to the Vlad thing too (I was thinking this morning I missed him too Peter); awhile ago I was searching the net for our old forum (I forget why but...) and search as I may I couldn't pick it up on goggle search no matter what I tried. You guys that are much more in touch with things internet, can this be addressed so people who need help might be directed here, maybe even wayward old members?

Do you mean the archive...
[web.archive.org]

It takes a long time to come up so be patient :nerd:
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

I wonder if we could entice Vlad to come back for a peak? I miss that guy a lot...he made me the Archeo-

[web.archive.org]

No, I was searching for our old (just a few days ago old) forum and no matter what or how I searched it would not show or come up. The craigs lists listings usually come up within a weeks time or so, so why doesn't this site? I'm in the process of putting together my own site, just a personal one. I will link this to it if nobody minds (thats me asking Dave, right?)

Vermont is for lovers

I know this because I have a bumpersticker that says so smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley

perseverance furthers
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

I wonder if we could entice Vlad to come back for a peak? I miss that guy a lot...he made me the Archeo-

[web.archive.org]

No, I was searching for our old (just a few days ago old) forum and no matter what or how I searched it would not show or come up. The craigs lists listings usually come up within a weeks time or so, so why doesn't this site? I'm in the process of putting together my own site, just a personal one. I will link this to it if nobody minds (thats me asking Dave, right?)

Vermont is for lovers

I know this because I have a bumpersticker that says so smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley

The URL is still on the net... [forums.bmwe30.net]
But it is hi-jacked so as soon as you try to access it there is a redirect to that stupid Russian UFO site sad smiley
Archeo-peteriX

Hi All,

Sooooo happy that Dave has empowered us! Phew.... Beemie was worried too.

:-) Kelly
Kelly
Archeo-peteriX

Hi All,

Sooooo happy that Dave has empowered us! Phew.... Beemie was worried too.

:-) Kelly

Hi Newbie,

Glad to see you followed the trail of crumbs and found our new home thumbs up

This place is shaping up fast and our new digs are getting more comfortable by the hour B)

Dave is doing an awesome job of whipping this thing into shape smileys with beer
Archeo-peteriX

Hi Newbie,

This place is shaping up fast and our new digs are getting more comfortable by the hour B)

Dave is doing an awesome job of whipping this thing into shape smileys with beer

Yes, Awesome Job WebMastaDaveG! I've cast off the evil ways of whoredom, and my old driving thong was tossed in the bin.

I found my way here via the bookmarked the BEN Emerg Forum.

As for my car: the driver's seat largely fixed itself. I sat in the seat, lifted the lever with my left hand, grabbed the seat back behind my right shoulder, and engaged the "so-called abs of steel." I slowly crunched forward with all possible might in a controlled manner so as to avoid smashing my face into the steering wheel. The seat back responded to the pressure and tilted forward. Why this worked when other attempts failed, I do not know. I also re-blacked the rubber bumpers this weekend. Now it looks more respectable, and my neighbors can more easily confuse Beemie with a 2007 model. They know I have a black bmw, but no clue as to its age. One day the lady mildly scowled at me as I exited the front door, "Is that your car? It's in the way of the street sweeper?" "Oh no," I said "that car is 15 year younger and $30,000 more expensive than mine." She lightened up after that.

Do we need to create some community action plan to elevate the new BENN in the Google search rankings. Maybe everyone could google the main address 10 times - or something like that?

Cheers, Kelly :-)
Kelly
Archeo-peteriX

Hi Newbie,

Yes, Awesome Job WebMastaDaveG! I've cast off the evil ways of whoredom, and my old driving thong was tossed in the bin.

I found my way here via the bookmarked the BEN Emerg Forum.

As for my car: the driver's seat largely fixed itself. I sat in the seat, lifted the lever with my left hand, grabbed the seat back behind my right shoulder, and engaged the "so-called abs of steel." I slowly crunched forward with all possible might in a controlled manner so as to avoid smashing my face into the steering wheel. The seat back responded to the pressure and tilted forward. Why this worked when other attempts failed, I do not know. I also re-blacked the rubber bumpers this weekend. Now it looks more respectable, and my neighbors can more easily confuse Beemie with a 2007 model. They know I have a black bmw, but no clue as to its age. One day the lady mildly scowled at me as I exited the front door, "Is that your car? It's in the way of the street sweeper?" "Oh no," I said "that car is 15 year younger and $30,000 more expensive than mine." She lightened up after that.

Do we need to create some community action plan to elevate the new BENN in the Google search rankings. Maybe everyone could google the main address 10 times - or something like that?

Cheers, Kelly :-)

Dave can apply to google to have the site put on their searxh engine or we can wait for a couple of months until the web crawlers find us.
Archeo-peteriX

Dave can apply to google to have the site put on their searxh engine or we can wait for a couple of months until the web crawlers find us.

Cool! I'm so glad the 1989iX is the only car that you'll ever need!

The steampunk movement is so interesting and beautiful. The need to humanize the machine through craft. I bet you could make a lovely machine with bells and whistles! Or start a business. I would just be careful with the metal placement. It's so cold to the touch. I once had a metal table which would freeze my hands after 20 minutes of computer work. I had to place a set of architectural drawings on the table like a tablecloth. Then my hands would stay warm.

Cheers, Kelly
Archeo-peteriX
Yup, I've submitted our new domain to Google to speed things up, but it will still take a while.

Dave_G
Archeo-peteriX
Yup, I've submitted our new domain to Google to speed things up, but it will still take a while.

Have you buried lots of hooks in the meta tag? That will help other crawlers find us faster too smiling smiley
Archeo-peteriX
Have you buried lots of hooks in the meta tag? That will help other crawlers find us faster too smiling smiley
Yeah, I put a few in there, but that's not the magic solution it was in days of yore. These days most web crawlers ignore the meta tag keywords.

It's sad what happened to BEN. Had I known earlier I could have offered you guys webspace. I currently have an unlimited space and bandwidth account that I'm using just for my club site. If ever you guys need a host for BENN again, just let me know. smiling smiley
Ernest
Hello everyone! I made it here too. Thanks Cab for pointing me this way. smiling smiley

It's sad what happened to BEN. Had I known earlier I could have offered you guys webspace. I currently have an unlimited space and bandwidth account that I'm using just for my club site. If ever you guys need a host for BENN again, just let me know. smiling smiley

Hi Ernest,

I'm really glad that Cab helped you find us again B)

The cost of hosting here isn't prohibitive and having a host that looks after all the dirty work just makes it easier.
Once we get the 'articles' section going, I know you have quite a few good ones that would be perfect additions smiling smiley
rkj
Ernest
Hello everyone! I made it here too. Thanks Cab for pointing me this way. smiling smiley

Hey Ernest, glad you made it smiling bouncing smiley its nice here B)

perseverance furthers
It's always nice to be home amongst friends. smiling smiley
Ernest

And this home fits like a pair of comfy old slippers B)-

We are quickly getting back to where BEN began and with all the good stuff that entails thumbs up
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
Ernest

And this home fits like a pair of comfy old slippers B)-

We are quickly getting back to where BEN began and with all the good stuff that entails thumbs up

Ya mon smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login