Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Setting up a universal romote

Posted by rkj 
rkj
February 24, 2012 02:44PM
Hi Guys, Lucky me, my cable company decided to go back to the cable box so I now have three remotes; dvd, tv and the cable box. This universal remote says it will do it all (if you program it right), Hah, hasn't so far! At least this cable box sets it's own time so I don't have that blinking 12:00 all the time staring me in the face thumbs up

Trying wwwuniersalromote.com, maybe that will help.... Cheers, Rick
February 24, 2012 03:10PM
New digital boxes use the time from the network they log into, very useful to select the record times of your favorite stuff.

DVD? Don't you have a zillion chances, video on demand, etc?
Do you have time to watch DVD as well as cable TV?!

Over here I end up not having any time to watch TV, and watching recorded stuff from the internet latter on...
More channels just takes more time to check there's nothing good on.

:dance:
rkj
February 24, 2012 09:00PM
Jose Pinto
New digital boxes use the time from the network they log into, very useful to select the record times of your favorite stuff.

DVD? Don't you have a zillion chances, video on demand, etc?
Do you have time to watch DVD as well as cable TV?!

Over here I end up not having any time to watch TV, and watching recorded stuff from the internet latter on...
More channels just takes more time to check there's nothing good on.

:dance:

I figured that out, so for an extra 20 bucks a month I always know the time..... jeez

I have the basic plan, and no dvr service (but this things capable if we decide later it's something we'd like to have.

I find myself watching some things on the computer because I've missed it on the telie... I know what you mean about so many channels and nothing on! I figure it's just a matter of time before the computer will be the thing to tune in to.

I think there's one bright spot to this new cable box thing; I might be able to buy a channel for car and motorcycle road racing smileys with beer

I finally got the remote working but wow, what a dog, slow as hell! but I always know the time..... Peace, Rick
February 27, 2012 05:13AM
By "slow as hell" you mean the delay switching chanels?
Digital boxes do that. Also the boradcast comes with a delay, watching football you hear some neighbour yell "goaaaalll!!!!" when the player is runing to get the ball...

That is due to the digital decoding, it takes time, when the analog broadcast was almost instant. There is value for the acurate time on the box, if you use the time shown by your news channel you will be late.

There should be an option to switch channels without showing the image, in some PIP or text bar or something. That way you can select the channel without need to wait for the digital decoding pipeline to catch up and show the images of each channel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login