Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hi all, I'm back!!!smiling smiley

Posted by Gerbrandt 
February 19, 2012 01:49AM
As I told you guys about three years ago that I lost my 325i because of legal issues and I had an accident with the 318i totalling my beloved ride. But I'm back, my passion for these cars as strong as ever:

Here are some pics of my daily driver, a super sweet 1990 318i:

February 19, 2012 02:26AM
I see that quite a few guys are still around. Is Ove still posting here, or has he lost the site? Gus, Peter, are you guys still here?
February 19, 2012 04:55AM
Welcome back!

Most of us are still around, Peter is still posting like a madman, though he's sold his E30. Ove might wander around here, we can't really check it because he hasn't shown activity on the forum for years. Gus(tavo?) has gone too.
February 19, 2012 05:13AM
Hi Michiel,

Well I see thar at least you and a few others are still here, Rick I see is also still around. Well, I hope some others join too.
February 19, 2012 09:57AM
Glad to have you back. Looks like you have found a very nice replacement ride. These cars are getting so rare that the prices are starting to go up for nice examples. The beaters are being bought up for Pro3 race car conversions and parts. There are over 60 cars in the circuit this season. At the E-30 picnic last summer there were over 200 cars came to the event with some driving for 1200 miles or more to get there.

If I remember the story correctly, you live east of Germany? There must be few E-30 left in that part of the world.

Bob in Lake Havasu
February 19, 2012 10:42AM
Hi Gerbrandt,

It's good to see you back and I'm happy that you have found a new E30 to love.
I remember the story of your 'stolen' E30 and all the hassles you went through.

Gus abandoned BEN several years ago and it is now hosted by Dave_G who also made it realatively trouble free.
Ove moved on to an E36, a 318Ti and he got a new 'cupholder' so his interests changed a little smiling smiley

Our little core group is still here. Even though my iX is gone; I still enjoy hanging out here smileys with beer
rkj
February 19, 2012 07:36PM
Hi Gerbrandt, Nice 318, great color. Stick I think, right? I'm trying to think if I've ever seen one in an auto box..

Nice to see old members come home, welcome back smileys with beer

Cheers, Rick

perseverance furthers
February 22, 2012 03:41AM
Hi Gerbrandt!

You must be the hardest core e30 fan!
:cool2:

Welcome back!
February 22, 2012 07:14AM
Bob in Everett
If I remember the story correctly, you live east of Germany? There must be few E-30 left in that part of the world.

Only just a little bit east, but a very long way south of Germany, if I remember correctly. smiling smiley

Great to see you back Gerbrandt!
February 22, 2012 10:08AM
rkj
Hi Gerbrandt, Nice 318, great color. Stick I think, right? I'm trying to think if I've ever seen one in an auto box..

Nice to see old members come home, welcome back smileys with beer

Cheers, Rick

Now that you mention, the only automatic e30 I ever saw was a 1992 316i Touring.
It was for sale back in the time I was shopping for my BMW e30.
I guess automatic e30 are very rare over here.
September 09, 2013 11:39AM
Hallo again guys,

Yep, I'm still keeping the E30 torch burning. Strangely enough the Auto E30 318i's were not so uncommon over here. The ones with the luxury features like electric windows and leather upholstery came out in auto form. Anyhow most of them are manual now because the auto E30 box has always been a bit of a pain to maintain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login