Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wow, its getting chilly

Posted by rkj 
rkj
January 15, 2009 04:33PM
We actually got four or five inches of snow (without the rain for once) last night and today and the temperature is really getting cold eye popping smiley so now we sit by the lange stove and feed it good hard wood smiling smiley and in a few days things should warm up B)

perseverance furthers
January 15, 2009 05:57PM
It's going down to -31°C (-24°F) here in Ottawa tonight! Brrrrrrrrr.
rkj
January 15, 2009 08:41PM
Ferdinand

Man, that is cold Ferdy, we'll get close to the minus numbers this morning, Brrrrrrr is right eye popping smiley
January 15, 2009 09:48PM
rkj
Ferdinand

Man, that is cold Ferdy, we'll get close to the minus numbers this morning, Brrrrrrr is right eye popping smiley

We were cloaked in thick fog all day today but the temps were round 8ºC so it wasn't too bad here grinning smiley
rkj
January 15, 2009 10:39PM
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Ferdinand

We were cloaked in thick fog all day today but the temps were round 8ºC so it wasn't too bad here grinning smiley

Yeah, I don't know how you guys from really cold areas do it. Living here has made me into a wussy eye rolling smiley it was nice cloppin around out there in the white stuff today!
January 16, 2009 07:22AM
Ferdinand
The old BMW fired right up, first crank!

I love this old car.
January 16, 2009 10:55AM
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Ferdinand

Yeah, I don't know how you guys from really cold areas do it. Living here has made me into a wussy eye rolling smiley it was nice cloppin around out there in the white stuff today!

Well, Im not from an area that normally even sees freezing temperatures but I did live in Ontario for nearly 10 years. We got used to the white stuff and the stiff stuff but don't look forward to ever having to go back.

I'll happily take 7 months of rain over real winter grinning smiley
January 17, 2009 03:02PM
Ferdinand

wow. all i can say to that is THAT SUCKS

January 17, 2009 05:33PM
daniel
Ferdinand

wow. all i can say to that is THAT SUCKS

It was evilly cold like that for several days this week, but tomorrow it's supposed to go up to -10°C (14°F). That's downright tropical in comparison.
January 18, 2009 09:44AM
We've had two weeks of frost, up to -20°C during the night, mostly around -10°C or slightly lower, day temperatures were about the same. The old E30 only does 5 km twice a day during the week and cranked and started without issues (on the coldest night the engine turned over just an extra two turns before firing). A lot of colleagues had to stay off a day because their car let them down.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login