rkj
December 14, 2011 09:36AM
Well fellow E30ites, I finally sold all my cars (well almost. I had a nice collection of Thirtys- 1989 325is, 1987 325is, 1986 325es (two) and a 1987 325e parts car. But I'm having trouble selling the last one, it's the 86 Grey 325es stick sunroof. I still have the two drivers that the tree fell on but plan to replace both of those soon (one at least.

When I brought the grey car home from Conn. it was a great driver, silent and strong. I've never really been in one that was that nice, and now it's my last extra car and I can't bring myself to let it go. I keep on saying to myself tires are the deciding factor (among others) and it's time to move on. But then I remember how hard it was to ween myself of the 2002 collection I had.... Confessions of an addict :giveup:

perseverance furthers
December 14, 2011 10:24AM
Quite a fleet you had!

If you can't keep the cars, at least you keep good memories from them...
December 14, 2011 05:30PM
I have regretted selling several of my cars. attached is one of them I no longer have.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Attachments:
open | download - 55oldsmobile.jpg (29.2 KB)
rkj
December 14, 2011 08:32PM
Bob in Everett
I have regretted selling several of my cars. attached is one of them I no longer have.

Nice, 54-56 Olds?
rkj
December 14, 2011 08:33PM
Jose Pinto
Quite a fleet you had!

If you can't keep the cars, at least you keep good memories from them...

Yes, there's usually a few of those smileys with beer
December 15, 2011 07:40AM
Well, tell you what Rick, if I ever decide to part with my 84 325E, I will contact you. She is a true California car, no rust and just purrs (until you put your foot into it).

alan
December 15, 2011 07:06PM
It is a 55. The last year they had real gauges in the instrument cluster. Built like a tank compared to today's cars.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
December 16, 2011 07:54PM
Bob in Everett
It is a 55. The last year they had real gauges in the instrument cluster. Built like a tank compared to today's cars.

I love those real dash boards (with real gauges. I still have my 47 ford coupe I drove for many years. You can get really attached to those old birds.... Thanks for your Olds picture, looks like a solid car thumbs up
rkj
December 16, 2011 08:03PM
alanrw
Well, tell you what Rick, if I ever decide to part with my 84 325E, I will contact you. She is a true California car, no rust and just purrs (until you put your foot into it).

alan

Thanks Alan, but I think I'm giving up the E30 breed soon sad smiley too bad really; to me they're the last of a simple breed of a fun car, easy to work on (most of the time) and great fun to drive and look at.

My first Bmw came to me in late 1971- it's been a good run so far. Let's see what's next (E36 I think)

Cheers, Rick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login