Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Back to BEN(N) basics.... beer!

Posted by Cab Treadway 
January 13, 2009 12:46PM
Archie, I tried a new one last night, from a brewery in Syracuse called Middle Ages Brewing Company:

Not bad at all! I may have to search out more from them, if my local shop carries any. I was trying to keep it local and get some Wachusett and/or Otter Creek (Dave should recognize that name, I hope!), but they were sadly out of stock of my favorites. So I branched out and I'm glad I did!

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
January 13, 2009 02:11PM
Cab Treadway
I was trying to keep it local and get some Wachusett and/or Otter Creek (Dave should recognize that name, I hope!), but they were sadly out of stock of my favorites.
Ah yes, good 'ol Otter Creek, brewed 4 miles from my house. As much as I like to buy local, I'm not a fan. Every restaurant in town serves Otter Creek, and on tap it's OK, but I've never been able to see the attraction to the bottled stuff.

Now, talk to me about Long Trail, especially their Long Trail Hibernator, and you'll have found my soft spot. smiling smiley Yum yum. smileys with beer (Gotta find that old down-the-hatch smiley.) It's brewed about 50 miles away in Bridgewater Corners, Vt., but that's close enough for me to call local. smiling smiley

I've never seen Middle Ages around here, but I'll keep an eye out.

January 14, 2009 04:35AM
I've so far only tried one brew from Otter Creek, the Raspberry Brown Ale (their Winter brew). I can barely taste the raspberry, so it's not too fruity, and overall it was a very nice brown ale. Yum. It was enough to make me want to try some of their other beers.

Since I now know you're so close to them, I'll have to make a dual-purpose trip up to visit the brewery and say hi!

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
January 14, 2009 07:53AM
Cab Treadway
Archie, I tried a new one last night, from a brewery in Syracuse called Middle Ages Brewing Company:

Not bad at all! I may have to search out more from them, if my local shop carries any. I was trying to keep it local and get some Wachusett and/or Otter Creek (Dave should recognize that name, I hope!), but they were sadly out of stock of my favorites. So I branched out and I'm glad I did!

That sounds like something I'd enjoy smiling smileyo

The closest I've had would be this one...
January 14, 2009 08:05AM
Cab Treadway
I've so far only tried one brew from Otter Creek, the Raspberry Brown Ale (their Winter brew). I can barely taste the raspberry, so it's not too fruity, and overall it was a very nice brown ale. Yum. It was enough to make me want to try some of their other beers.
Hmm. I haven't had that one, but I'll have to give it a try. I'm not a fan of berries in my ale, but on the other hand brown ales are my favorites, and if the raspberry is not that perceptible I might enjoy it.

Since I now know you're so close to them, I'll have to make a dual-purpose trip up to visit the brewery and say hi!
Yeah, do that! Or, if you're thinking of attending the BMWCCA Boston Chapter ice race on the 25th I can bring you down a sampler six-pack. I'm planning to be there unless we get an ice race scheduled for the same day up here in Vermont.

January 14, 2009 10:09AM
I've had a bottle of Holy Grail in my fridge for years. I've never opened it, I figured it was worth more as a novelty than actually drinking it.

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
January 14, 2009 10:11AM
I will most likely, in fact almost definitely not be at the Ice Race on the 25th. Other than the fact that my two choices for driving are either the FWD (ick) Mazda3 or the E46 (which I took to an ice race once and it sucked beyond words), my wife will work that weekend, which means I can't run off and play all day while she watches the baby. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to one or two races this year, but I'm not holding my breath. When the kid(s) are older, I'm done with school, and (especially!) the E30 is back on the road, I will hope to be at most or all of the Ice Races then.

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
January 14, 2009 11:01AM
Cab Treadway
When the kid(s) are older...

Want to let us in on something? grinning smiley
January 14, 2009 11:02AM
Cab Treadway
I've had a bottle of Holy Grail in my fridge for years. I've never opened it, I figured it was worth more as a novelty than actually drinking it.

It's definitely worth more unopened winking smiley
There are better beers for drinking smiling smiley
January 14, 2009 12:12PM
Archeo-peteriX
Cab Treadway

I have a daughter. She will be older in the future. smiling bouncing smiley

The (s) indicates any potential siblings. No, there is nothing to report as of now. If things go as we would like them to, the second will come along next year sometime, hopefully early summer, so I'll be done with my masters degree.

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
January 14, 2009 02:36PM
Cab Treadway
Archeo-peteriX
Cab Treadway

I have a daughter. She will be older in the future. smiling bouncing smiley

The (s) indicates any potential siblings. No, there is nothing to report as of now. If things go as we would like them to, the second will come along next year sometime, hopefully early summer, so I'll be done with my masters degree.

Ok, just checking winking smiley

Children certainly do have a way of changing our lifestyles somewhat smileys with beer
rkj
January 14, 2009 03:01PM
Children certainly do have a way of changing our lifestyles somewhat smileys with beer[/quote]

Jeesesh, you can say that again!

Two are nice though, it'll give you a built in baby sitter smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login