Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Crewing for 25 hours of Thunder Hill

Posted by Earendil 
December 04, 2011 03:26AM
With a solid bit of luck and timing, I got myself on the crew of an E30 team that is in the middle of running the 25 hour endurance race at Thunderhill in California. It's past 3am out here, and the race ends at noon. So far so good. Miata spun out and we couldn't avoid it. No high beams on the right side so we're kinda blind. But we're one of the cheapest teams out here, but the E30 and e engine are treating us very well! Yep, an e motor. Better has mileage smiling smiley

Hopefully I'll come back here with good pictures to share. Right now I'm cold, tired, and inhaling gas fumes, so I naturally thought of you guys smiling smiley

Parting shot:
[www.youtube.com]

Green flag opener. We're the black and yellow near the end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
December 04, 2011 10:05AM
Wow, that's a lot of cars!
December 05, 2011 06:39PM
Awesome! I love endurance racing. The thing about endurance racing is that if you have a car that's dependable and gets reasonable fuel mileage, and manage your pit stops well, you can do very well even in a slow car, and beat a lot of faster cars that spend lots of time standing still in the pits.

I'd love to hear your report of how it went. :popcorn:

My own experience in endurance racing has been limited to seven 24 Hours of LeMons races over the years, but even those are about the most fun I've ever had with a car.

Click here to login