Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E30 BBQ in Portland

Posted by Earendil 
October 25, 2011 08:54AM
Since this place isn't exactly overflowing with new posts now that winter is threatening to show its self, and with the recent comments in other threads about the E30 scene being basically dead in parts of eastern Europe, I decided it would be good to toss this out there. The E30 scene isn't dead here in the NW United States!

Thanks to the internet, an informal BBQ was put together near Portland Oregon, and local E30 owners were invited. I meant to count the cars, but I'd say there were about 20 total (one M3), 40 or so people. The best album of photos can be found here.

Yes, it was a youngish crowd, The youngest was 18, and the oldest was well into his 40s or 50s. Most were in their late 20's or early thirties, and there were a few sets of kids around. My car can be spotted in a few pictures. It stands out due to the front and rear panels being dinged up. I still haven't found a suitable Lachssilber replacement for them. The guy with a full set of curly hair on his head would be me.

Enjoy smiling smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
October 25, 2011 10:25AM
Saw a black E30 M3 this morning, couldn't help to stare. Mmmm, the black M3 was like new!

Pictures are always welcome, specially good e30 pictures !
[flic.kr]
October 25, 2011 07:01PM
Tyler,
When was the picnic? Could you have made it a local club event? The Puget Sound club will fund some seed money for club sponsored events. If it was published here, a group drive to the venue might have been organized.

Bob in Lake Havasu
October 25, 2011 07:24PM
Is anyone looking for an E30? Every now and then I see them for sale here in sunny SoCal. The nice thing about SoCal cars is no rust.

alan
October 25, 2011 08:14PM
There could be some nice ones there.

Here in the NW they sell for more than most other places it seems. There is an amateur race class for E-30 cars with about 40 cars locally. They have 14 races per year. For the drivers it appears to be a lot of fun. I went to watch one and had a good seat to see some spinout action. Fortunately no crashes. Without sponsors the penalty for a crash is the car for sure. Most owners drive their own car.

This local interest also brings out a bunch of cars for shows and other events.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login