Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Irene

Posted by Flyboy 
October 28, 2011 06:05AM
Bob in Everett
Yep that would be the result of the V-8. lots of new tires required. At the annual E-30 picnic I saw several with trans planted engines. Some Corvette engines some BMW. Most popular is the M-50 or M-52. Have not seen an M-62 yet.

Bob

Over here, a few years ago, lots of people were dumping 3.5l from E28 or E24 in their E30's. The result was a nose heavy, impossible to drive bull(shit), but good for burning tires and having idiots^H^H^H^H^H^Hpeople orgasm from seeing that.

There was even a completely rusted out Ford Sierra with a V12 5.0l BMW engine+tranny+rear axle. Horrible. You can still see the piece of crap here: [www.trilulilu.ro]

--
A physics truck just turned over outside. There's physics everywhere!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2011 06:06AM by jaffar.
rkj
October 28, 2011 03:16PM
jaffar
Bob in Everett
Yep that would be the result of the V-8. lots of new tires required. At the annual E-30 picnic I saw several with trans planted engines. Some Corvette engines some BMW. Most popular is the M-50 or M-52. Have not seen an M-62 yet.

Bob

Over here, a few years ago, lots of people were dumping 3.5l from E28 or E24 in their E30's. The result was a nose heavy, impossible to drive bull(shit), but good for burning tires and having idiots^H^H^H^H^H^Hpeople orgasm from seeing that.

There was even a completely rusted out Ford Sierra with a V12 5.0l BMW engine+tranny+rear axle. Horrible. You can still see the piece of crap here: [www.trilulilu.ro]

That's too funny:clap: Humans are the strangest things that roam this earth!
October 28, 2011 06:33PM
If I remember correctly, the BMW aluminum V8 is 3 lb lighter than the iron block M20 engine. The V-12 however might be another story...

I could be wrong though.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
October 30, 2011 07:43PM
Bob in Everett
If I remember correctly, the BMW aluminum V8 is 3 lb lighter than the iron block M20 engine. The V-12 however might be another story...

I could be wrong though.

I don't think so. The V8 sounds like a winner for the Thirty, and think of the set-back you could get away with! If I was just a few years younger :wavey:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login