Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

@Peter: Need Advice on Watches

Posted by Ernest 
November 15, 2011 06:10AM
I did it...

Visited the shop again, thought hard on which watch sang to me the most and made my choice:

Thank you all again for your input! Your feedback has been really helpful!

Cheers!

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
November 15, 2011 07:03AM
You made an excellent choice.

This watch has the ETA 2824-2 caliber movement. It is a good solid movement that should provide you with excellent time keeping and also, with regular servicing, be in good shape to pass on to your children smiling smiley

The Sapphire crystal means you will not likely ever need to worry about scratches and it has enough water resistance that getting it wet in the rain or while washing the car, dog, etc. shouldn't be a worry.

May your marriage work as smoothly and as long as this watch will :clap:
November 15, 2011 01:21PM
Thanks Peter! Your help has been real invaluable and I'm really happy with my purchase. smiling smiley I wish I could wear it now but I have to wait for the big day. grinning smiley
November 15, 2011 08:37PM
Ernest
Thanks Peter! Your help has been real invaluable and I'm really happy with my purchase. smiling smiley I wish I could wear it now but I have to wait for the big day. grinning smiley

Sadly; thatt's the way it is with special purchases like this.
On the watch forums I haunt; it's the same...birthday, anniversary, wedding, graduation or any special occasion watch; has to be only lusted after until the Big Day winking smiley

When your Big Day happens; I doubt you will be thinking much about the watch...the new Mrs Ramos will be all that your eye sees :heart:
November 15, 2011 09:12PM
Archeo-peteriX
On the watch forums I haunt; it's the same...birthday, anniversary, wedding, graduation or any special occasion watch; has to be only lusted after until the Big Day winking smiley

When your Big Day happens; I doubt you will be thinking much about the watch...the new Mrs Ramos will be all that your eye sees :heart:

Oh definitely! grinning smiley It's just over a month away now and both of us are really excited!

In the meantime, is it ok to let it stop on its own or do I need to wind it every now and then?
November 16, 2011 06:58AM
Ernest
Archeo-peteriX

Oh definitely! grinning smiley It's just over a month away now and both of us are really excited!

In the meantime, is it ok to let it stop on its own or do I need to wind it every now and then?

It's no problem to let it run down. Ultimately it will last longer that way. They only down side is that you will have to reset the time and date each time you want to wear it...which I personally find to be part of the charm of a mechanical watch smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login