Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians thumbs up

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
I hope you are having good weather wherever you may be.
It's overcast and quite cool here in the Vancouver region today sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2011 09:29AM by Archeo-peteriX.
Beautiful day here today and for Independence Day the forecast severe clear.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Happy Canada Day!

I used to go to a VW bus campout that a bunch of Canadians attended. After I broke out a keg of homebrew they made me an honorary Canadian for the duration of the event. I still have a little maple leaf sticker in my bus they gave me.

Here's to Canada Day! :mmbeer:

John
Have fun with your national day!
Ours was las month, 10th June.
[en.wikipedia.org]
rkj
Jose Pinto
Have fun with your national day!
Ours was las month, 10th June.
[en.wikipedia.org]

That fella Camoes must have been quite a guy, and his poem must be something. I'll try to find it in english.

That fella Camoes must have been quite a guy, and his poem must be something. I'll try to find it in english.

[en.wikipedia.org]

He was THE poet. He wrote an epic based on the history of Portugal in an Homeric fashion, his most famous work, but he left many poems and much more were lost. He was an adventurer, most his work was written at Africa, India, Macau and so on. There are written evidence that he loved women of the various ethnic background encountered there. Imagine doing all that traveling back in the XVI century!
If you are willing to read something from him, take the lyric poems, much lighter (and thiner) than "the Lusiads", this is if you are into poetry...
To impress women is usually very effective. Don't know if there are English translations, or how good those are...
Problem in translating poetry is the rhythm and rimes are changed, and often ruin the whole thing.

Regards,
JP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login