Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I finally did it

Posted by rkj 
rkj
June 23, 2011 09:21PM
I bought the bike of my dreams, 1998 1200 Suzuki Bandit, it's like they built a bike to my specs....

Yipeeeee smiling smiley
June 23, 2011 10:29PM
rkj
I bought the bike of my dreams, 1998 1200 Suzuki Bandit, it's like they built a bike to my specs....

Yipeeeee smiling smiley

Pure awesome. Try to put a few miles on it before popping wheelies winking smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
June 24, 2011 07:05AM
Fits like a glove. I think you're going to have some fun with that machine :cool2:
June 24, 2011 08:17AM
Let's be careful out there now Rick!
June 24, 2011 11:52AM
Who's the little boy on the bike? ;-) Enjoy!
rkj
June 24, 2011 08:28PM
This baby does fit like a glove. I ordered a pair of bars but other than that it's just right, and at five thousand miles it should last a good long time smiling smiley Today I put the first hundred miles down and it was such fun working a bike like this; power any time and thrilling handling thumbs up but safety is always a priority for me Ferdy; the minute I throw a leg over a machine the head comes down out of the clouds big time..... It's interesting, this bike at 1200cc is lighter than my GS700 Suzuki (1985), and shorter wheelbase too. A pure pleasure smileys with beer

Now, to get busy. No wheelies though :wavey:
June 24, 2011 09:14PM
How many in the stable now; 4 or 5?
June 24, 2011 11:36PM
rkj
No wheelies though :wavey:

Yet grinning smiley
You can't fool us with that grey hair. We know you're still young at heart!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
June 25, 2011 11:27AM
Congratulations, nice buy there Rick.
I am officially green with envy, the engineering that goes into the new bikes is something to behold.
And to think that we used to think a 500lb litre bike, putting out 100hp was a monster.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E30'S AREN'T BUILT, THEY'RE CAUGHT IN THE WILD!!!

When in doubt, use full throttle,
it may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2011 11:27AM by Flyboy.
rkj
June 27, 2011 08:03AM
Flyboy
I am officially green with envy, the engineering that goes into the new bikes is something to behold.
And to think that we used to think a 500lb litre bike, putting out 100hp was a monster.

It is nice to get in to the present century's engineering and to have more going for you on the road. This machine is sooo smooth and has power anywhere, it really does give you a good command out there amongst the non-drivers of the world. With all that though it's still the same constant vigilance that will keep you safe. The one thing I've always wanted was a decent liter bike, now if I can wipe this smile off for two seconds.... winking smiley
August 06, 2011 10:53PM
rkj
Flyboy

It is nice to get in to the present century's engineering and to have more going for you on the road. This machine is sooo smooth and has power anywhere, it really does give you a good command out there amongst the non-drivers of the world. With all that though it's still the same constant vigilance that will keep you safe. The one thing I've always wanted was a decent liter bike, now if I can wipe this smile off for two seconds.... winking smiley

How Cool Rick! Congrats! Did I ever tell you that I rode a red Honda Trail 90 when was a kid? My grandparents had a little land around their house and we rode there. Sometimes my grandfather would ride it on the city streets to my parents house and then pick up either my brother or me. Then we would return to his house. He was a tall and large man maybe around 200lbs. The little Trail 90 seemed to move along the roads quite well, never really fast. We we not in a great hurry then. There were some modest hills, but i don't remember it struggling with the combined weights of my grandfather and me. I think my brother moved it to Washington DC. Maybe he and I should fix it.

:-) Kelly
rkj
August 07, 2011 05:01PM
Kelly
rkj
Flyboy

How Cool Rick! Congrats! Did I ever tell you that I rode a red Honda Trail 90 when was a kid? My grandparents had a little land around their house and we rode there. Sometimes my grandfather would ride it on the city streets to my parents house and then pick up either my brother or me. Then we would return to his house. He was a tall and large man maybe around 200lbs. The little Trail 90 seemed to move along the roads quite well, never really fast. We we not in a great hurry then. There were some modest hills, but i don't remember it struggling with the combined weights of my grandfather and me. I think my brother moved it to Washington DC. Maybe he and I should fix it.

:-) Kelly

Sounds like a great bike to restore and enjoy Kelly smileys with beer I had a similar Honda, a 90 step through that everybody loved and rode at my house. Of all the machines, that one saw the most smiles... and that's what fun is all about thumbs up
August 07, 2011 06:26PM
In my days at the motorcycle shop; I saw lots of Trail 90s.
We had a pair of hunters who would come each year to get their Trail 90s serviced for the big hunt.
These guys would travel 30 or more miles into Moose country; bag their Moose and haul it out with these two little bikes.
We had some custom racks made that held jerry cans and tow bars that they could hook to a travois to drag their Meeses back to base camp.

I was the luck recipient one time, of 10 pounds of Moose meat; steaks and burger. I'll never forget that stuff; it was strong but so gosh darn delicious!

Those two Trail 90s never gave those hunters a single problem and are probably still running winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login