Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.

Posted by Michiel 318iS 
I haven't been very active here the last week, just quickly checking posts without taking part in them and for a good reason:

I'm proud to announce that last week Wednesday our first child was born. One healthy male, 4 kg (8.8 lbs) heavy came to the world after twelve hours of pain killer free labour (proud of my girl!) followed by a cesarean, as our boy Daan was either to big or in such a position that he wouldn't come down the way he should. Mother and boy have been doing well and since last Tuesday both are at home and we're one little happy family.

One proud father!
Congratulations Michiel smileys with beer

And I will hoist a couple of :mmbeer: these for you.

A son is a good thing...well so is a daughter.
You and your son's mother will have many happy experiences together; so take lots of pictures because before you know it they are in their 30s and you wonder where all that time went winking smiley
Congratulations.

I'll get in on the toast to the new family. smileys with beer

You're going to be busy for a few years, but the time will fly.

John

Hey! Didn't mean to say the same thing as Peter, but I guess the experience is common. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2011 07:24PM by John Yust.
A C-section without pain killers?!?! Wtf kinda women did you marry? Damn smiling smiley

My mother had my 3 younger siblings via C-section...at once. I'm pretty sure she didn't do triplets without at least a few tylenol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
Big congratulations! Babies are good things. I agree on the sentiment to take lots of photos. My son just turned 1, and it's amazing how much they change in that first year.

My best to you and yours. Get sleep when you can, and don't turn down any offers of help from friends and family!

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
Congratulations!

The baby and mother are probably exhausted after 12 hours of hard labour, please be gentle with them.
Recovery from the C-section is tougher for the mother than natural ways.

Have fun wiht the little one, they grow very fast, next thing you notice is you are old ant they are asking money to go out...
smileys with beer
I'm taking pictures all day! Only a week old and we can start spotting the differences day by day. It really is great, such a little wonder!
She's from Sparta, Greece. Just kidding. The labour was without pain killers, the C-section was with an epidural.
Hehe, we're lucky, our boy is a quiet one. He only makes noise when he's hungry, about three times at night. I then get up to change his diaper and hand it over to his mother. Other than being disturbed in my sleep a couple of times, I sleep well. At least, up to now, next Thursday I have to start work again, get up at 5:50 am, let's see how that works out...
Before you know it, he will be asking for the keys to your E30. That is the definition of "moral dilemma"!!!

Congrats!!!!

alan
Well, that would be great. The plan is to keep the car and bring it back to as good as new, question is will it still be affordable to drive such a car in 18 years time?
rkj
Michiel 318iS
Hehe, we're lucky, our boy is a quiet one. He only makes noise when he's hungry, about three times at night. I then get up to change his diaper and hand it over to his mother. Other than being disturbed in my sleep a couple of times, I sleep well. At least, up to now, next Thursday I have to start work again, get up at 5:50 am, let's see how that works out...

Congratulations Michiel, and Mrs Michiel. They usually make some noise if they're hungry or dirty. It's a fine thing you help, stay with that. Having children can make or break a couple... Good luck, and with the sleeping thing too :wavey:

Best, Rick
Congratulations, Michiel! smileys with beer Enjoy the adventure!

Click here to login