Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I just realized Bob P. hasn't found us...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
Anyone have his e-mail so we can let him know we're 'born again' grinning smiley
I sent him an email. Hopefully the address I had is still good.

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
wasnt there a bob in boston, too?

Found him. He now has the new address and I'm sure when he has a chance, he'll stop by to say bonjour. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
Thanks Cab thumbs up
Well yes, thanks to Cab, I have found the new forum.

Nothing real special since 'losing' the forum in December, except that I have had much more experience on my Impreza with its Bridgestone Blizzack W60s. I chose them because of their superior dry running properties, compared to other winter tires, since that is mostly what we encounter here in Quebec. Quebec has passed a law mandating winter tires during the winter, so I had to get winter tires for the first time. I haven't put winter tires on the 325is, since I don't run it much in the winter, in Quebec - it spends more time commuting between Pembroke and Chalk River in Ontario.
Needless to say, the winters tires on the Subie are much better in the snow and ice than the all seasons, but when the temperatures rise to about 0 C, the handling in the dry does not compare to the all seasons - mushier and slow response. I have saved, however on the shovelling, since that Imprezza can go through anything, so I just make a passage with a shovel through the snowplow deposit in the driveway, and then drive through and don't bother shoveling the rest of the driveway!

BTW, I am up to 666,666 kms on the BMW, with the need to do the driveshaft center bearing again. Maybe this spring.

Salut, Bob P.
Good to have you back Bob smileys with beer

We've been having some of that eastern Canadian winter stuff here thumbs down

I got to tow a Ferd F150(it's a 4x4 but one front wheel hub wouldn't lock so it wouldn't go anywhere) off our street and was the only regular car that made it out other than a couple of 4WD and AWD trucks.

The three feet of snow has mostly gone now and the flooding is in progress; the worst since 1947 apparently.

Your E30 will be turning over 999,999 before you know it...then BMW should give you a brand new car in exchange grinning smiley
Archeo-peteriX
Your E30 will be turning over 999,999 before you know it...then BMW should give you a brand new car in exchange grinning smiley

wouldnt that be something!

Ugh... A brand new one? Why? It'll never beat the E30!
Well if they gave me a brand new E30, I would be interest!:wink: Or the new Z4.

Salut, Bob P.
Bob P 325is 88
Well if they gave me a brand new E30, I would be interest!:wink: Or the new Z4.

Salut, Bob P.

Bob, your dedication to the E30 and proper lubricants should be worth a Z4 in any colour you might choose grinning smiley

We can dream winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login