Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Memorial day...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
May 30, 2011 06:21PM
I didn't see it but maybe someone else posted about today's importance.

I would like to express my gratitude for the services that some of our members like Rick(rkj) provided for us during one of the conflicts that he found himself involved in. Also, all the other willing and reluctant participants who literally put their lives on the line to ensure that we today still have the freedoms and 'relative' security that we enjoy.

Being a Canadian; I can only enjoy his and other's sacrifices as a neighbour and member of the human race.

To Rick and all the others who have served and are currently serving; I salute you and wish you well smileys with beer

Thanks buddy :cool2:
May 30, 2011 07:46PM
USAF 1969-1973. Went to Europe, Africa, Iran, USSR on various duty assignments. Stayed away from Vietnam, my brother went there and recommended not to go there.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
May 30, 2011 08:39PM
Thanks Peter. These days that honor our guys who gave their all, make me sad as hell (and thankful). There should be a way we could all live without fighting...
May 31, 2011 08:37PM
Seems impossible with human nature the way it is. Ever since the first two brothers were born and one killed the other, it has been the same.

One of the most difficult memorials I have ever seen is the Vietnam war memorial in Washington DC. It was all I could do to walk the length of it. When I saw the design proposal I did not like it but it is the most moving of all of them. Probably few adults in America do not know someone who's name is on there.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login