Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For my friends

Posted by rkj 
rkj
May 03, 2011 08:33AM
alanrw
Hey, I think I can still squat that low. I can't give any odds as to if I can resume my normal stance from that position but I can attain the demonstrated position.

smiling smiley

alan

Maybe a little yoga is in your future Alan smileys with beer
May 03, 2011 05:41PM
Yoga terrrifies me. I can be gassy at times and I can just see myself in trying to attain one of those over the shoulder half twist positions, going for the last 2" when suddenly, the worst occurs and I am completely embarassed.

alan
rkj
May 03, 2011 08:01PM
alanrw
Yoga terrrifies me. I can be gassy at times and I can just see myself in trying to attain one of those over the shoulder half twist positions, going for the last 2" when suddenly, the worst occurs and I am completely embarassed.

alan

O.... that gas, it'll kill ya, got get rid of it grinning smiley
rkj
May 09, 2011 01:52PM
My favorite driveway :burnout:
rkj
May 10, 2011 09:56AM
For today, just a simple reflection on one of my favorite cars of all times. 1947 Ford V8 (super Deluxe) 5 window coupe

Drove this car rain or shine every day for many years. What a joy this simple car was...
May 10, 2011 05:01PM
rkj
For today, just a simple reflection on one of my favorite cars of all times. 1947 Ford V8 (super Deluxe) 5 window coupe

Drove this car rain or shine every day for many years. What a joy this simple car was...

That goes back to the days when Fords were better built than...er... well BMW's weren't really built then were they winking smiley
May 11, 2011 04:03AM
The Ford looks great.
There was an old computer game, "Street Rod" for PC and MS-DOS, there were cars like that.

During the war, BMW car production was halted, and BMW produced Airplane parts and motorbikes.
Before, BMW were manufactured, the 328 is a good example:
[en.wikipedia.org]

After war they resumed with 501 models, the "baroque angel", manufactured as well.

BMW was hit hard by WW II.
May 13, 2011 06:05AM
How did the TD turn out Rick?

Dad had TC, TD and maybe a TF. Mum loved the TC so much that they became my initials! Timothy Christopher is a bit of a mouthful but it got the right letters :biggrin:

Later Dad had a Datsun 1600 (a 510 I think it was called in the US) An uncle needed some moeny to fund his wedding so a deal was done for Dads Datsun and my uncles BMW 2000 (Neue Klasse) - which is where this all started for me.

Unfortunately there don't seem to be anywhere near enough photos of these cars..
rkj
May 13, 2011 02:57PM
TimH
How did the TD turn out Rick?

Dad had TC, TD and maybe a TF. Mum loved the TC so much that they became my initials! Timothy Christopher is a bit of a mouthful but it got the right letters :biggrin:

Later Dad had a Datsun 1600 (a 510 I think it was called in the US) An uncle needed some moeny to fund his wedding so a deal was done for Dads Datsun and my uncles BMW 2000 (Neue Klasse) - which is where this all started for me.

Unfortunately there don't seem to be anywhere near enough photos of these cars..

Hey Tim

The TD was an interesting job. It was a frame off redo that I got in pieces (from the owner) and when I went to put the body back on the rails the door openings were too small, so I had to stretch the body (remember, it's a tin covered wood structure) on the rails and finally got everything to fit right. I'm glad I wasn't paying for that! (my kids were glad though).

In the end it was a right straight car, if you look closely the panels are dead straight (me likes the long board) and like all my cars, they usually look better than new. I make my own colors too; that was my DuPont version of Ferrari red :angel: I had to give the car back unfinished so the owner could finish with me. I think he was running out of money...

The TD was a good all around car, I did like the bigger wheeled TC and the TF was a neat (headlight in fender) car too. One of my dear friends built a Volvo powered TD, that was a neat little car and one of my school buddies built a TD with a 289 Ford V8 (with a snap-on impact swivel for the steering shaft so it would miss the headers) but Tommy was always crazy!

The Datsun 510 was a great little car. All those two liter four bangers made great race cars. I was into the Bmw 1600 and later the 2002's :heart: Those cars had heart!

Cheers, Rick
rkj
May 13, 2011 03:07PM
Jose Pinto
The Ford looks great.
There was an old computer game, "Street Rod" for PC and MS-DOS, there were cars like that.

During the war, BMW car production was halted, and BMW produced Airplane parts and motorbikes.
Before, BMW were manufactured, the 328 is a good example:
[en.wikipedia.org]

After war they resumed with 501 models, the "baroque angel", manufactured as well.

BMW was hit hard by WW II.

I'd love to see that game Jose, sounds like a neat one!

Most of the American car companies stopped production too during the war years and geared up for military production, you won't find any 43,44 or 45 Fords (there weren't none) and the 42's where far and few between, hell, in 1946 you had to wait on a list for any car. They were hard to get, if you got one at all. 1947 things started loosening up and car companies started getting back to normal peace time production.

The 501 Bmw, what nice little car that is. thumbs up smileys with beer thumbs up
May 16, 2011 07:41AM
rkj

The 501 Bmw, what nice little car that is. thumbs up smileys with beer thumbs up

Did I mention it was an old PC game for DOS OS?

[www.bestoldgames.net]

Back then I had too much time and games were not like today, all 3d, graphics real as life, surround sound...

JP
rkj
May 16, 2011 04:08PM
Jose Pinto
rkj

Did I mention it was an old PC game for DOS OS?

[www.bestoldgames.net]

Back then I had too much time and games were not like today, all 3d, graphics real as life, surround sound...

JP

I know, we had a game called mole quest (I think) and it was a good one. You really had to finesse it to get to the next stage thumbs up it was hard! I think it was on my first computer (485? with windows 3.0 or 3.1). That seems like such a long time ago!
rkj
May 16, 2011 04:12PM
Moles quest [www.youtube.com]
May 17, 2011 08:18AM
I still have that game on my office computer !!!

alan
rkj
May 17, 2011 12:21PM
alanrw
I still have that game on my office computer !!!

alan

That's so cool Alan. All I've found was an ipod type moles quest that isn't the same really. Can you download it and email it?

Rick
May 17, 2011 05:30PM
I might even have the original disk. Let me check.

alan
May 18, 2011 02:58PM
OK, I have Molesquest, Bot, Bubble, FlakAttack and ChessMaster 3000 on my office computer in a folder. I can burn a cd and mail it to you or zip it up and email it to you. All you need to do then is unzip it into a folder and then create a shortcut to the executables for the games.

alan
rkj
May 18, 2011 08:52PM
alanrw
OK, I have Molesquest, Bot, Bubble, FlakAttack and ChessMaster 3000 on my office computer in a folder. I can burn a cd and mail it to you or zip it up and email it to you. All you need to do then is unzip it into a folder and then create a shortcut to the executables for the games.

alan

Hey Alan

If you burn me a cd I'll paypal you whatever you need.... can that work? I could paypal your email (or a family member) :bow: I have a feeling what you have is the early molesquest, the kind you can't get anywhere. I'd make a copy for my brother, he loves that game too smileys with beer

Cheers, Rick
May 18, 2011 10:05PM
Not a problem Rick. Pm me your address and I will get it out to you.

alan
rkj
May 19, 2011 06:34PM
alanrw
Not a problem Rick. Pm me your address and I will get it out to you.

alan

Thanks Alan. Boy, I'm having a good week :cool2:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login