Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Loving my box again

Posted by Flyboy 
April 01, 2011 11:42AM
Hi all.
It has been a while, but unfortunatly life has a habit of getting in the way sometimes.
Well I just want to check in, and let you all know that since my starting/goofy running episode on my little 318i, she has settled down perfectly and rus like a top.
Idle is dead stable at 750rpm, from ice cold to running temp, pulls smoothly from 1000rpm all the way through without missing a beat.
And the motor is ooooohhhh so quiet now that there is no valve lash anymore.
A great big thanks to all of you here who endured my never ceasing frustration and mostly stupid questions, without your help I would never have got it to run like new again, I owe you all a huge debt of gratitude.

Damn, I love my car again, makes me want to jump in and drive, just for the hell of it, as the BMW adverts say "Pure driving pleasure"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E30'S AREN'T BUILT, THEY'RE CAUGHT IN THE WILD!!!

When in doubt, use full throttle,
it may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspence.
rkj
April 01, 2011 05:00PM
Flyboy
Hi all.
It has been a while, but unfortunatly life has a habit of getting in the way sometimes.
Well I just want to check in, and let you all know that since my starting/goofy running episode on my little 318i, she has settled down perfectly and rus like a top.
Idle is dead stable at 750rpm, from ice cold to running temp, pulls smoothly from 1000rpm all the way through without missing a beat.
And the motor is ooooohhhh so quiet now that there is no valve lash anymore.
A great big thanks to all of you here who endured my never ceasing frustration and mostly stupid questions, without your help I would never have got it to run like new again, I owe you all a huge debt of gratitude.

Damn, I love my car again, makes me want to jump in and drive, just for the hell of it, as the BMW adverts say "Pure driving pleasure"

Glad things worked out. I often feel, especially after a few weeks away from my thirty, how nice the car is when I get back behind the wheel.

I just finished a three week demo and rebuild on our 200 year old bathroom (our only one). Today was the first day Janet and I have had to ourselves, staying in bed till two and having a shower and a ride to the water... Yeah, it's all good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2011 05:03PM by rkj.
April 01, 2011 05:33PM
I envy you Stan tongue sticking out smiley

Do you think that if I rebuild the S-10; it will make me feel like I'm enjoying driving it? :lol:
April 01, 2011 09:19PM

Do you think that if I rebuild the S-10; it will make me feel like I'm enjoying driving it?

Of course it will, or...uuurrrmmmmm. Not :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E30'S AREN'T BUILT, THEY'RE CAUGHT IN THE WILD!!!

When in doubt, use full throttle,
it may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspence.
April 02, 2011 08:08AM
To be fair; the S-10 has shown me that any vehicle I buy in the future will have a manual transmission smiling smiley
rkj
April 02, 2011 07:44PM
Archeo-peteriX
I envy you Stan tongue sticking out smiley

Do you think that if I rebuild the S-10; it will make me feel like I'm enjoying driving it? :lol:

It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all smileys with beer
April 04, 2011 09:06PM
There is likely to be some secondary reinforcement once you start working on it. I always liked the looks of those little trucks. I used to think my El Camino handled fairly well until I started driving a BMW. The El Camino has been neglected for a while now and it has suffered for it. I really need to do some work on it.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login