Hows that back doing? confused smiley

What...did he throw it out shoveling snow? sad smiley
rkj
March 29, 2011 08:19PM
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Hows that back doing? confused smiley

What...did he throw it out shoveling snow? sad smiley

All I know is, he did a good job of it sad smiley this time.
March 30, 2011 04:41AM
Thanks for asking.

I have periodically suffered from a bad back in my life, but this one was weirder than most. Sunday night, sometime between putting the kids to bed and going to bed myself, I must have done something, because I leaned down to the floor to pick up Molly's water bowl to refill it, and felt a little tenderness really low down in my back, more like my tailbone. It stiffened up as I slept until in the morning just getting out of bed was a chore. I was able to drive into work, although sitting in the car and especially working the pedals was very uncomfortable.

Throughout the day it kept getting worse, and I basically just stood up all day, b/c getting in and out of chairs was hard. It got to the point where getting out of a chair was like ripping off a Band-Aid... I knew it would hurt, I just had to gather up the nerve and do it. Because it was so low, I would basically be sitting on the sore spot, so I just couldn't get comfortable. Driving home was brutal: there was loud profanity every time I had to put in the clutch pedal.

I took a couple of percocet on Monday night, and while they made me a little woozy, they did nothing for the pain. Mrs. Cab, bless her heart, was an angel taking care of me and the kids. I'm usually the main star of the bedtime show, but she was on her own for that after a long day of being on her own with them.

Anyhoo, Tuesday morning I was still pretty much immobile, but then I took some ibuprofen and after a couple of hours I got up again and felt a ton better, good enough to come in to work and felt almost normal. I kept up on the ibuprofen throughout the day and felt good. Driving was fine, getting in/out of chairs was still a tad uncomfortable, but not really bad. By the time I got home I felt just about totally normal, enough that I could hold the baby and put him to bed, etc.

Today I have not yet taken any meds, but I feel great. So I guess it was just one of those "24 hour back outages." :lol:

I'm still being careful (no acrobatics in my near future) but am hopeful that this episode is past. I have no idea what happened to trigger it, and I'm going to need to go see my doc for a physical, but as of right now I feel about 95%, so I'm thankful for that.

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
rkj
March 30, 2011 03:13PM
Cab Treadway
Thanks for asking.

I have periodically suffered from a bad back in my life, but this one was weirder than most. Sunday night, sometime between putting the kids to bed and going to bed myself, I must have done something, because I leaned down to the floor to pick up Molly's water bowl to refill it, and felt a little tenderness really low down in my back, more like my tailbone. It stiffened up as I slept until in the morning just getting out of bed was a chore. I was able to drive into work, although sitting in the car and especially working the pedals was very uncomfortable.

Throughout the day it kept getting worse, and I basically just stood up all day, b/c getting in and out of chairs was hard. It got to the point where getting out of a chair was like ripping off a Band-Aid... I knew it would hurt, I just had to gather up the nerve and do it. Because it was so low, I would basically be sitting on the sore spot, so I just couldn't get comfortable. Driving home was brutal: there was loud profanity every time I had to put in the clutch pedal.

I took a couple of percocet on Monday night, and while they made me a little woozy, they did nothing for the pain. Mrs. Cab, bless her heart, was an angel taking care of me and the kids. I'm usually the main star of the bedtime show, but she was on her own for that after a long day of being on her own with them.

Anyhoo, Tuesday morning I was still pretty much immobile, but then I took some ibuprofen and after a couple of hours I got up again and felt a ton better, good enough to come in to work and felt almost normal. I kept up on the ibuprofen throughout the day and felt good. Driving was fine, getting in/out of chairs was still a tad uncomfortable, but not really bad. By the time I got home I felt just about totally normal, enough that I could hold the baby and put him to bed, etc.

Today I have not yet taken any meds, but I feel great. So I guess it was just one of those "24 hour back outages." :lol:

I'm still being careful (no acrobatics in my near future) but am hopeful that this episode is past. I have no idea what happened to trigger it, and I'm going to need to go see my doc for a physical, but as of right now I feel about 95%, so I'm thankful for that.

I'm so glad to hear that Cab, Back's are spooky things. I've suffered all my life. My dad has too. An anti inflammatory is what you want and as you've seen it's what works if you're not crippled. It also helps to stay ahead of the pain but it seems one day was enough for you to start healing. You're in good shape if that happens. I walk almost every day and do stretches at least once a day. I don't now how active you are but with two kids I'm sure you're doing plenty of activities.

I've just reached over to turn a knob and have been very hurt for days at a time, you never know. I've had a few pile ups on the bike so I guess that's bound to happen. One thing that has always helped me enormously is warm baths and when I stopped coffee that made a huge difference too. If you find you have back trouble from time to time you might try a little light yoga. Acupuncture has done wonders for me and can help anyone.

Good luck, R
March 30, 2011 05:48PM
Just twisting to tear off some toilet paper is sometimes enough to do me in winking smiley sad smiley

Glad Cab is getting back to normal(pun intended winking smiley ).

My back isn't 100$ these days; the job is pretty brutal some days and I've spent the last two weekends at the bosses house putting in a new fence. That involved a lot of old concrete post setting being broken up with a very heavy 'toothpick' and carrying fully assembled cedar panels(completely rain soaked and about 150lb each!

Anyway, I can appreciate what you guys have/are suffering.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login