Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just shifted into 4th gear thumbs up

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
January 04, 2009 02:03PM
I see a pattern here winking smiley

What will happen now; the autobox doesn't have any more gears...am I doomed to shift into reverse until the end of the forum? grinning smiley
January 04, 2009 02:38PM
Archeo-peteriX

What will happen now; the autobox doesn't have any more gears...am I doomed to shift into reverse until the end of the forum? grinning smiley
Nah, no slushboxes here. This forum has a real transmission. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

January 04, 2009 04:35PM
Dave_G
Archeo-peteriX

Nah, no slushboxes here. This forum has a real transmission. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Trannies aside Dave... I just want to say an extra THANKS to you for saving us from oblivion grinning smiley
You have no idea how many of us appreciate the pro-active move you made B)
January 04, 2009 05:26PM
Do you suppose there is any means of getting a tiny bit of advertising revenue to cover the cost of the hosting?
I see some on others like this.

Bob in Everett
January 04, 2009 05:36PM
Bob in Everett
Do you suppose there is any means of getting a tiny bit of advertising revenue to cover the cost of the hosting?

Bob in Everett

No need for ads...we are self supporting B)

If everyone of our regulars paypal'd the equivalent of one Starbucks Brew of the day to Dave; he would be a 'million something or other aire' winking smiley
Seriously though, it doesn't take a lot to finance this forum and we don't need to resort to ads or other intusive content to secure our home here.

I was prepared to do what Dave did before he stepped in...and thank goodness he did because I'm not the software guru he is! That aside, I was ready to spend the price of a new cheap watch to get us back on track.
January 04, 2009 06:52PM
Archeo-peteriX
Bob in Everett

Bob in Everett

If everyone of our regulars paypal'd the equivalent of one Starbucks Brew of the day to Dave; he would be a 'million something or other aire' winking smiley
Seriously though, it doesn't take a lot to finance this forum and we don't need to resort to ads or other intusive content to secure our home here.

I was prepared to do what Dave did before he stepped in...and thank goodness he did because I'm not the software guru he is! That aside, I was ready to spend the price of a new cheap watch to get us back on track.

Agreed. I'm happy to pitch in some money every year to keep us rolling and ad-free!

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
January 04, 2009 07:53PM
Cab Treadway
Archeo-peteriX
Bob in Everett

Bob in Everett

I feel pretty confident that if Dave falls short our membership will be more than happy to make good to ensure uninterrupted service thumbs up

Agreed. I'm happy to pitch in some money every year to keep us rolling and ad-free!
January 04, 2009 08:50PM
As one of the great lovers of this fine forum, one which has given me more insight to my Beemer than a hundred workshops, and restored my faith in humans, extending a hand and helping others, can someone please give me the low down on what happened to the forum, or point me in the right direction where I can read about it?
I too, nearly went into cardiac arrest when I tried to pull up the page and some strange Greek website appeared on my screen....spent a frantic period searching for you guys and downing blood pressure pills, until I found you.
I am in for any support I can give.
All the best, and my this forum grow from strength to strength.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E30'S AREN'T BUILT, THEY'RE CAUGHT IN THE WILD!!!

When in doubt, use full throttle,
it may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspence.
January 05, 2009 09:00AM
Basically the old forum URL was hijacked by some Russian looking for a free home. The old site owner Gustavo Melo was contacted but never responded to pleas for help.
So, a few of us gathered on the old emergency forum at VOY forums and made some plans for the future.

Dave G took the bull by the horns; bought us a professionally hosted site where spamming and hijacking will be taken care of immediately, oretty much without us even finding out about it. Dave then set about building the site to the point that it looks like it does today.

With any luck, we should be around for a long time now with no more interruptions in service B)

This forum is still a work in progress so if you have any ideas about things you might like to see; post them in the 'Suggestions' area and see if Dave can incorporate them grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login