Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thought I had already posted this but guess not...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
I got stuck behind one of these last week and wondered what kind of drugs Bangle and his horde of 'designers' were on :blinkey:

It just reminds me of an ugly fat woman with her dress flipped up and mooning me :mad:
Archeo-peteriX
I got stuck behind one of these last week and wondered what kind of drugs Bangle and his horde of 'designers' were on :blinkey:

It just reminds me of an ugly fat woman with her dress flipped up and mooning me :mad:

I was gonna say Grandma bending over the oven to baste the turkey.

winking smiley

alan
Certain body parts should shrink a lot before I ever buy one of these (not a fan of the whole SUV/SAV kind of thing).
I just don't get the round, squat ideal in car design today. They remind me of dung beetles. Heck, even the VW bug was more streamlined. These new squat SUVs just don't do it for me.

alan
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

Hey, we can't all be beautiful winking smiley the thing I don't care for is these 3er's are too car like and break easy.

Anybody have one, can you tell us first hand how they are?
This one is an X6; ie 6 series...big and ugly.

This thing almost makes the original Pontiac Aztek good looking:laugh:
Archeo-peteriX
This one is an X6; ie 6 series...big and ugly.

This thing almost makes the original Pontiac Aztek good looking:laugh:

Hi,

Okay, I was in fact laughing out loud. No, the X6 is not having a good year.

Sometimes, I like to flatter myself. When I catch someone longingly staring at my car, I imagine that they are either thinking "That is a great car," or alternately "I wonder if it is rusting?"

On a side note, I happened to be watching the film "Wings of Desire" (Wim Winders, 1996, mostly in German with English subtitles, Wiki Link) which is set in east and west Berlin before The Wall fell. A small group of angels, secular creatures, walk amongst living people and read people's thoughts. The angels conveniently* do not have the power to affect the affairs of men. ( * This convenience for the scriptwriter serves 2 functions - it serves the film's plot well and relieves the WW2 question relative to the angels. The could not have done anything to stop it. Interesting - I just thought of this.) An angel could not lift a pencil or drive a car. One particular scene occurs in a BMW showroom. Two angles sit in an black e30 convertible and discuss the nature of life. (Which is proof that I do in fact drive the car of angels, but this is beside the point. Did I tell you that it leaks in the real world?). For my second viewing of the film, I turned on the director's commentary. Wim Wenders said something like "I set the angels in the beautiful BMW to express their longing for the real world." Anyway, this is one of my favorite films. It is quite long but very hypnotic. Don't waste your time on the Hollywood version "City of Angels" with John Travolta.

Cheers, Kelly
Ditto with the 5-series GT model that BMW NA has decided we'll get instead of the practical and fairly good looking wagon (ahem... touring). I hear/fear the same thing is going to happen with the 3er, we're not going to get the wagon anymore, replaced with the useless and ugly GT fastback thing. I will hold on to my E46 wagon as long as possible... I just wish it were RWD. Maybe in a few years we'll "upgrade" to an E91, but only if I can find a 328i w/MT and RWD.

Hey BMW, Americans don't buy hatchbacks, remember? That's the line you've been feeding us, so stop canceling the good wagons in favor of ugly and useless hatchbacks!

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login