Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I want to offer Dave G a big vote of thanks...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
for not only saving BEN back when Gus gave up and for keeping it going.

And now a special thank you for this gift thumbs up
I have to agree. Thanks, Dave! smileys with beer

I look at this forum for tips on how to keep my E30 happy before I open my Bentley. It's that good.

John
I am in full agreement with that, many, many thanks to Dave, this place is my BMW bible, and the good folk around here, my gurus, I would be lost without it.
And a nicer bunch of on line friends, a person could not wish for.
There is a special place in heaven for your sort Dave, take a bow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E30'S AREN'T BUILT, THEY'RE CAUGHT IN THE WILD!!!

When in doubt, use full throttle,
it may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspence.
I will second the appreciation. I have had lots of great advice from you guys. I miss Ove though. He was always very helpful. Must have given up his E-30 as that is the only explanation for not being here to discuss them.

Bob in Everett
Ove did give up the E30 in favour of an E36 Ti coupe.

He also got engaged and may be married by now.

I think his interests just naturally grew away from cars so much.
That is the normal evolution of life it appears. Girls are attracted to guys who do things with cars and other fast toys but once the knot is tied...the toys are over.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Only until he hits midlife crisis, then he will be back, probably with questions and advice on a newly aquired e30 convertable no less, I will probably see him on the bike forum too then. :laugh:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flyboy
Only until he hits midlife crisis, then he will be back, probably with questions and advice on a newly aquired e30 convertable no less, I will probably see him on the bike forum too then. :laugh:

My midlife crisis car will be an E46 or e90 M3...but I have a long number of years before that time comes winking smiley
An e30 sounds like a good midlife crisis car, but I'd be happy if there are still e30s around in a decade or two.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles

An e30 sounds like a good midlife crisis car, but I'd be happy if there are still e30s around in a decade or two.

I have no doubt there will be, e30s will still be around on the roads long after all the new plastic cars have been recycled into Bic pens.
Well, I know mine will, it better last another 20years, I can't afford a new car.

Ove is still pretty active with his cars, I believe. I see his updates on Facebook. He is married now, and I wonder when he'll be procreating. ;-) Most of his updates are in some weird, non-English language, so for all I know maybe he already has kids.

He seems to be traveling a lot for work, and has been playing around with photography a lot. That seems to be the progression lately. Cars -> photography. Not sure why, maybe we just like gadgets.

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
Cut it out, you guys, you're making me blush. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Dave_G
Cut it out, you guys, you're making me blush. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Keep blushing. You deserve the praise smiling smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cab Treadway
That seems to be the progression lately. Cars -> photography. Not sure why, maybe we just like gadgets.

I used to be, and still am, proud to note the order in which I made my first 3 major purchases using hard earned cash.
Apple Laptop age 18
Canon DSLR age 20
BMW E30 age 21 (Yes, I didn't own or have a car until I was of drinking age, go figure...)

Those 3 still represent the 3 major areas of my life smiling smiley

My children told me a few years ago that my E-30 cabrio was my mid life crisis car but they were wrong. My midlife crisis was a long time ago. I am in my second childhood now so can start over with the cars.

Bob in Lake Havasu
On the topic of my '84 E30, my wife says "are you ever gonna get a new car? You never get rid of anything" to which I replied "from your perspective, I would consider that a big plus"

grinning smiley

alan
Earendil
Cab Treadway
That seems to be the progression lately. Cars -> photography. Not sure why, maybe we just like gadgets.

I used to be, and still am, proud to note the order in which I made my first 3 major purchases using hard earned cash.
Apple Laptop age 18
Canon DSLR age 20
BMW E30 age 21 (Yes, I didn't own or have a car until I was of drinking age, go figure...)

Those 3 still represent the 3 major areas of my life smiling smiley

Oooh... sorry to hear about the Canon. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
alanrw
On the topic of my '84 E30, my wife says "are you ever gonna get a new car? You never get rid of anything" to which I replied "from your perspective, I would consider that a big plus"

grinning smiley

alan

I get static similarly from my spousal unit. Less since I bought her an E38.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
Go Dave :bow: thumbs up :bow: you da man
I see Rick has discovered the new smileys. :eyes:

rkj
Archeo-peteriX
Yes; I see them too now :blinkey:

They Are cool :rally:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login