Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Even the iX is staying put today ::o

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
December 24, 2008 08:07AM
Over night we got another 4-5 inches and it is still coming down hard. The forecast is for another 7 to 9 inches before dinner this evening.
As much as I hate to have to do it, I will be out shoveling the drive way because once it warms up the snow will be so heavy I could hurt myself...I already have tendonitis (tennis elbow) in both arms and my left shoulder from years of computer work sad smiley

Here's a picture of the Canada/US border crossing which is normally 5 minutes from my house...
rkj
December 24, 2008 08:23AM
That looks so beautiful Peter. I know I keep whining about no snow but I wish one Christmas that would happen here, I've been waiting for....I can't remember when we last had snow on Christmas sad smiley have the best holiday possible Bro smileys with beer

You're not the only one that can shovel, right? My small army of girls here are very good at it! eye popping smiley
December 24, 2008 08:47AM
rkj
That looks so beautiful Peter. I know I keep whining about no snow but I wish one Christmas that would happen here, I've been waiting for....I can't remember when we last had snow on Christmas sad smiley have the best holiday possible Bro smileys with beer

You're not the only one that can shovel, right? My small army of girls here are very good at it! eye popping smiley

My wife has worse tendonitis in here right shoulder and she can't even raise her arm above her shoulder without severe pain. My older daughter isn't in good enough health to help and the younger one hurt her back snow boarding the other day sad smiley
I may just leave it since we couldn't get a car out of the street if we wanted anyway sad smiley

The cars in this picture were bare when I went to bed and we are expecting double this amoutn to fall during the day eye popping smiley
December 24, 2008 08:49AM
We've had 18-20" over the past few days. The roads are snowpacked, the temperatures are frigid, the skiing has been nothing short of spectacular, and the iX has been out where it belongs, powering through the snow on the way up and down the mountain. Studded Hakka 4s help a lot. This car has the traction of a Jeep and the handling of a sports car.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Solstice, and Happy New Year everyone!

December 24, 2008 03:16PM
rkj
December 24, 2008 05:53PM
Now, That's some snow!.....Yeah man hot smiley we're getting rain-

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Solstice, and Happy New Year to you guys too B)
December 25, 2008 07:52AM
I wish only half of that would fall here. I've heard stories of winters with a meter of snow, I think I never saw more than 10 cm around here. I'm happy to take the disadvantages with it and I love the cold!
December 25, 2008 07:53AM
Temperatures are coming down here for the next couple of days, max 0°C during the day and up to -10°C at night, but no precipitation...
December 25, 2008 08:00AM
Michiel 318iS
I wish only half of that would fall here. I've heard stories of winters with a meter of snow, I think I never saw more than 10 cm around here. I'm happy to take the disadvantages with it and I love the cold!

I wish only half that had fallen winking smiley

There are still hundreds of folks stranded in airports across Canada this morning...Christmas will be late for them sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login