Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

After almost a week without my iX...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
November 24, 2010 02:10PM
I can honestly say, I really miss that car :crying:

Not only that but the new forum I hang out on for the S-10 is loaded with dumbass kids and a lot of slightly older red necks sad smiley
Most of the posters seem to be illiterate and intolerant of one another...not with me(yet). The level of posts is definitely 50 stories lower than what we enjoy here.

The positive side of the forum though, are the moderators and the wealth of technical info available(obviously left behind by past mature posters).
I'll probably only use what info I need and not post there much...it's kind of pointless when the readers can't read winking smiley

Big dump of snow coming in tonight and tomorrow morning so I'm not going to venture very far eye popping smiley
November 25, 2010 08:56AM
Wishing I had an ix myself. Had to put the studded snow tires on the suburban so we could get around in Everett. Drove it to work yesterday. Positraction is nice to have too. Almost like having a Caterpillar. Since I had my E-30 cabrio repaired and looking nice again, I am reluctant to put it in harms way even though I have some really nice snow tires on it and it gets around pretty well.

Bob in Everett
November 25, 2010 09:35AM
Yeh, the little S-10 truck is no match for the mountain goat like sure footed iX grinning smiley

It's snowing right now and there is 4 to 6 inches forecast by this evening when it should turn to freezing rain. Then way above freezing tomorrow and back to typical Pacific Northwet Coast weather winking smiley
November 26, 2010 12:32PM
Bob in Everett
Wishing I had an ix myself. Had to put the studded snow tires on the suburban so we could get around in Everett. Drove it to work yesterday. Positraction is nice to have too. Almost like having a Caterpillar. Since I had my E-30 cabrio repaired and looking nice again, I am reluctant to put it in harms way even though I have some really nice snow tires on it and it gets around pretty well.

Bob in Everett

No joke! I drove up to Seattle on Tuesday night for thanks giving. I'm versed in snow driving, but I'm also used to snow banks and trees, not $100,000 cars and skyscrapers! Glad you guys got the weather back under control so I can get home tomorrow! smiling smiley

A buddy just sold his '91 ix for cheap. Wishing I had the money to pick it up!

Think of it this way regarding the s-10 vs ix. When it comes to snow driving, you won't feel as bad about putting a few harmless scrapes and dents in the s-10 smiling smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
November 26, 2010 01:49PM
Earendil

Think of it this way regarding the s-10 vs ix. When it comes to snow driving, you won't feel as bad about putting a few harmless scrapes and dents in the s-10 smiling smiley

This is true. I probably won't take the truck out when the roads are not good; I'll stay inside and smiling smileyo
November 26, 2010 03:00PM
Archeo-peteriX

This is true. I probably won't take the truck out when the roads are not good; I'll stay inside and smiling smileyo

I like this plan. smileys with beer

I'm having a taste of the Belgian Dubbel I kegged yesterday right now. It isn't carbonated enough yet, but I still like the taste.

I've been following the whole iX saga. Sorry that you had to let it go, Peter, but I won't be surprised when I see you post about the nice deal you found on some sweet little E30 that's bound to turn up.

In the mean time, maybe you could take up home brewing. I'll send you a recipe for an Imperial Stout that's darker than what you drain out of an E30 sump after 10,000 miles. smiling smiley

John
November 26, 2010 03:47PM
Hi John,

I've been thinking about trying my hand at brewing my own. Reason number one being I could save a lot of money and reason number two being that I might have control over the final taste smiling smiley
A recipe for a nice stout might be the perfect place to start smileys with beer
November 27, 2010 01:03AM
Now we're talking beer! Belgian beer! Probably the best beer in the world!

I understand you made it yourself. Makes me a bit jealous but at some point in my life, I'm gonna try to do this myself. My uncle makes his own (has a small scale brewery), I like the taste of it but carbonation might have been a bit more.

Last week, we managed to get our hands on a case of Westvleteren (one of only 7 trappist beers), a couple of years ago it has been elected as best beer of the world and since then it's been really hard to get some, even for people that live close by the monastery. The link is a bit outdated, nowadays you can only pick up one case per vehicle, not ten. Too bad the case didn't last longer than one evening.

Beer and cars. Both good, but you can't combine them...
November 27, 2010 07:40AM
Michiel 318iS
Now we're talking beer! Belgian beer! Probably the best beer in the world!

I understand you made it yourself. Makes me a bit jealous but at some point in my life, I'm gonna try to do this myself. My uncle makes his own (has a small scale brewery), I like the taste of it but carbonation might have been a bit more.

Last week, we managed to get our hands on a case of Westvleteren (one of only 7 trappist beers), a couple of years ago it has been elected as best beer of the world and since then it's been really hard to get some, even for people that live close by the monastery. The link is a bit outdated, nowadays you can only pick up one case per vehicle, not ten. Too bad the case didn't last longer than one evening.

Beer and cars. Both good, but you can't combine them...

Yes, Belgian Beer is amazing stuff. I love the Abbey style ales. The yeast I used to make my Dubbel was the strain used by Chimay. It makes a lot of fruity aromas during fermentation. The room smelled like banana bread was baking and the beer has some banana aroma mixed in with all the toasty goodness from the dark grains.

I'm sure you aren't any more jealous of my home brewing than I am of that case of Westvleteren. I've never even had any of that.

Of course you can mix beer and cars. You just have to do it the right way. You can talk about cars all you want while you drink beer.

I do have one hard rule that has to do with brewing and cars. On brew day I won't even raise the hood on the car, at least until the brewing is finished. The last thing a brewer needs is any motor oil on his hands.

John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login