Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone taken a commercial flight lately?

Posted by Bob in Lake Havasu 
November 20, 2010 09:18PM
Just wondering what opinions might be about the stuff I have heard on TV about the groping.

Bob in Everett
Well, if she's good looking, I am all for it of course.

alan
Since they will be same sex gropers and most of the TSA employees give the appearance of having nothing better going on in their lives, I am not looking forward to it myself. Video on Utube of the attack on a 4 year old by TSA was bizarre.

Bob in Everett
Yeah, but truthfully, would you really want to be a TSA employee at this time? Those poor people are gonna have tough shifts checking all those passengers. No doubt, the proceedings will be videotaped as claims of improper pat downs occur.

alan
Yet again; the terrorists win :X

And all at the expense of the American taxpayer who is footing the bill for these 'inspections'. Well known politicians are heavily involved in the companies that supply these privacy invading machines.

Fear mongering has become the most powerful tool of those who would empty your wallet, your bank account and your pension sad smiley

The chances of being involved in a terrorist attack of any kind are so small compared to things like plane crashes caused by pilot error, mechanical failure, poor maintenance or weather conditions.

I say that properly trained(and paid) professionals should be put in place to screen passengers, instead of minimum wage employees and boondoggle machines that benefit only the suppliers.

I'll not likely be flying any time soon and it's not because of any external threats...I don't trust the basic maintenance of aircraft and especially the 'cattle car' mentality that airlines have today. When some airlines started putting in pay toilets, I decided it's better to ride a bike and pee in the ditch winking smiley
There was a former security guy from El-Al airlines on tv the other night. His take was that TSA procedures were ridiculous. El-Al has always relied on interviewing passengers with highly trained individuals. Asking questions, getting a "feel" for the person being queried and if it didn't sound right, furthur searching/investigation.

alan
The TSA is just one more government agency stripping away citizen's privacy and rights. It does little to nothing to actually fight terrorism or secure the US.

Like the former Soviet Union, the US is destroying itself without any help from the 'bad guys' sad smiley
The sad part for Canada is that we are so closely tied to the US that we will go down with it >:<(
Archeo-peteriX

So true, along with the rest of the post.

If you all haven't seen the Saturday Night Live skit making fun of the new TSA rules, here's a link to it:
[www.nbc.com]

It's hilarious if you aren't planning to fly soon. I'm so glad the job I've had for the last year has required no travel. The one I had before had me out flying pretty often. There isn't much fun left in air travel these days.

John
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

And all at the expense of the American taxpayer who is footing the bill for these 'inspections'. Well known politicians are heavily involved in the companies that supply these privacy invading machines.

Fear mongering has become the most powerful tool of those who would empty your wallet, your bank account and your pension sad smiley

The chances of being involved in a terrorist attack of any kind are so small compared to things like plane crashes caused by pilot error, mechanical failure, poor maintenance or weather conditions.

I say that properly trained(and paid) professionals should be put in place to screen passengers, instead of minimum wage employees and boondoggle machines that benefit only the suppliers.

I'll not likely be flying any time soon and it's not because of any external threats...I don't trust the basic maintenance of aircraft and especially the 'cattle car' mentality that airlines have today. When some airlines started putting in pay toilets, I decided it's better to ride a bike and pee in the ditch winking smiley

Yup, it never fails to freak me out how these situations get so miss handled, I guess it's hopeless to expect clear good thinking and logic in a tight spot. It's so stupid to me because in a war that's exactly what you have to do; you become good at it. Racing is similar too in a way, working well under pressure starts to come natural- It's just too bad we can't have people that are gifted making the rules sad smiley

Thanks Peter, well said thumbs up
The most interesting aspect of this is that the assumption is the bad guys are aiming for airtravel. My question is who is watching the rest of America? Malls, sports events, places where lots of people gather?

I am also amazed that the bad guys can't seem to ignite the materials they so carefully stuff into their underwear, shoes, cars? When I was a kid, we had no problem blowing up things with firecrackers, making smoke bombs out of match heads? Hmmmm. Is the goal to really blow things up or just keep doing stuff that causes the government to implement tighter security in public places and the establishment of gov't arms such as TSA?

alan
rkj
alanrw
The most interesting aspect of this is that the assumption is the bad guys are aiming for airtravel. My question is who is watching the rest of America? Malls, sports events, places where lots of people gather?

I am also amazed that the bad guys can't seem to ignite the materials they so carefully stuff into their underwear, shoes, cars? When I was a kid, we had no problem blowing up things with firecrackers, making smoke bombs out of match heads? Hmmmm. Is the goal to really blow things up or just keep doing stuff that causes the government to implement tighter security in public places and the establishment of gov't arms such as TSA?

alan

All this doesn't inspire much confidence, hey? Too dam sad for words!
alanrw

alan

Blowing something up is a localised event and soon forgotten(not withstanding 911) but keeping all these failed attempts before the public has much more affect at keeping the fear level high.

With the frequency of these 'discoveries' growing; it is only a matter of time before the government will be involved in another false flag incident and invade some place like Iran. When it happens, once again, there will be enough support from the populace to spend billions on bombs, rockets, missiles and all manner of munitions that the manufacturers have been stockpiling since 2003 or whenever the 'shock and awe' project had exhausted the supplies :?
I think you guys are on to something about the effect of the so called terrorists. All terrorism has the appearance of being sponsored by some government or another. The benefit of it would never accrue to the suicide bomber.

Bob in Everett
Archeo-peteriX
alanrw

alan

Blowing something up is a localised event and soon forgotten(not withstanding 911) but keeping all these failed attempts before the public has much more affect at keeping the fear level high.

With the frequency of these 'discoveries' growing; it is only a matter of time before the government will be involved in another false flag incident and invade some place like Iran. When it happens, once again, there will be enough support from the populace to spend billions on bombs, rockets, missiles and all manner of munitions that the manufacturers have been stockpiling since 2003 or whenever the 'shock and awe' project had exhausted the supplies :?

nah, we won't get fooled again......oh wait, I said that after Viet Nam. And just to be perfectly clear hear, I have nothing but the utmost admiration and respect for our men and women in uniform. They are the most brave, selfless people on this earth. I do however, have a huge issue with the leadership that decides to place them in harm's way without a darn good reason.

alan
rkj
alanrw
Archeo-peteriX
alanrw

alan

nah, we won't get fooled again......oh wait, I said that after Viet Nam. And just to be perfectly clear hear, I have nothing but the utmost admiration and respect for our men and women in uniform. They are the most brave, selfless people on this earth. I do however, have a huge issue with the leadership that decides to place them in harm's way without a darn good reason.

alan

I feel the same way Alan; these bastards are very free with other peoples lives!

Rick
My wife and I flew commercially last weekend. I hadn't traveled by air in a few months, so I was wondering what all the chatter was about. My conclusion: Nothing. The procedures were the same as they've always been. Follow the instructions, use your brain, and approach the whole exercise in a spirit of cooperation, and it's a breeze. I think it must be a slow news month for this airport screening stuff to be in the headlines.

Andy
1987 325ic
.....and interestingly, there hasn't been a peep about it in the news the last few days. I have come to the conclusion that the sole purpose of the media is to spin us up for no apparent reason.

alan

Yet again; the terrorists win

Fear mongering has become the most powerful tool of those who would empty your wallet, your bank account and your pension

Could not have said it better myself, One word.....HALLIBURTON
they have got the American public scared of thier own shaddows and making a zillion dollars a day out of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E30'S AREN'T BUILT, THEY'RE CAUGHT IN THE WILD!!!

When in doubt, use full throttle,
it may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspence.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login