Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We had a blizzard last night ::o

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
November 20, 2010 01:21PM
Probably only about 3" max but there was a lot of drifting so the cars had over a foot on one end.

Went to meetin at Tim Horton's in the little truck and it works just fine. A little weight over the rear wheels and it will be good for the deep stuff smiling smiley

Weather forcasr is for a little more snow this evening then getting colder with sunny days to follow.
rkj
November 20, 2010 03:15PM
Archeo-peteriX
Probably only about 3" max but there was a lot of drifting so the cars had over a foot on one end.

Went to meetin at Tim Horton's in the little truck and it works just fine. A little weight over the rear wheels and it will be good for the deep stuff smiling smiley

Weather forcasr is for a little more snow this evening then getting colder with sunny days to follow.

Now a few pictures to refresh my memory would be good smileys with beer
November 20, 2010 05:52PM
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

Now a few pictures to refresh my memory would be good smileys with beer

D'oh!

I already cleared the driveway but maybe these will give you a sense of what was going on...

Wrong car but about the right amount of snow.

This is exactly how the Magnolia looked first thing this morning.

Sorry bout the earlier spellin...way too much caffeine grinning smiley

Rick; if we're getting this in November...you guys are in for a lot of winter sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 05:54PM by Archeo-peteriX.
November 21, 2010 11:11AM
*Jealous* And not to jealous, at this time, as I don't have any winter tyres yet to replace the wide wheels on my car.
November 21, 2010 03:33PM
Had beautiful big snowflakes for a couple of hours this morning here in Everett but did not stick to the ground. If we had a couple of days of below freezing weather to freeze the ground it would make driving here a mess.

Bob in Everett
November 21, 2010 04:14PM
We've been below freezing all day and the stuff on the roads makes a crunching sound when cars go by.
November 22, 2010 01:05PM
The sound of winter! Love it!
November 22, 2010 02:45PM
Now we have a howling wind that sounds like a freight train at times. More snow forecast for tonight but not too much I hope winking smiley

Current temp hovering around -7C/+20F ... brrrrr!
November 22, 2010 07:10PM
Well, that cold weather got here and did just the most effective thing. Froze the pavement and then snowed about an inch. Took me 45 minutes to go home from work which normally takes 12 minutes. And I was one of the lucky ones that did not have to get on the freeway. That is a big cold parking lot tonight.

Bob in Everett
rkj
November 22, 2010 08:25PM
Bob in Everett
Well, that cold weather got here and did just the most effective thing. Froze the pavement and then snowed about an inch. Took me 45 minutes to go home from work which normally takes 12 minutes. And I was one of the lucky ones that did not have to get on the freeway. That is a big cold parking lot tonight.

Bob in Everett

Can't wait!

I hope you're wrong Peter; after a summer like we had I could use a break this winter, I'm sure I won't get it but .... confused smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login