Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's a sad day for me today...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
November 16, 2010 06:05PM
The iX is sold and gone to a good home with an enthusiast who will take good care of it.

I only put one ad out; on the BMWCC of BC and it sold in 48 hours.

I know I'm going to regret this but I really do need the truck to try and make a living.

If another E30, maybe with an M10 in it comes along for a good price, I may indulge myself in a project car smiling smiley

Hope you guys will let me hang around here and still be one of the gang as I still have a BMW...

Ok, let her rip, I have my asbestos underwear on hot smiley
November 16, 2010 07:27PM
Character is the ability to make a hard decision even when it is not the popular decision, it is probably the right decision. Everything happens for a reason and at the end of the day, it is just a car.

As my father used to say, as long as you have your health, everything else is negotiable.

alan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2010 07:28PM by alanrw.
November 16, 2010 07:46PM
Thanks Alan, that helps a little smiling smiley

I've spent the last couple of hours cruising the classifieds and I keep finding E30s...is this normal behaviour? grinning smiley
rkj
November 16, 2010 08:53PM
Archeo-peteriX

I've spent the last couple of hours cruising the classifieds and I keep finding E30s...is this normal behaviour? grinning smiley

I know that was a tough move Peter, I hope your decision makes things easier for you and I hope you stick around here; we need you (that's the important thing).
November 16, 2010 10:10PM
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

I know that was a tough move Peter, I hope your decision makes things easier for you and I hope you stick around here; we need you (that's the important thing).

I'm here as long as you want me grinning smiley
November 17, 2010 03:39AM
I haven't driven an E30 in over 4 years, and you haven't entirely gotten rid of me yet. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I'm sorry you had to let it go, Archie, but I'm sure you did the right thing. Next time 'round, you can find one with the proper number of pedals. smileys with beer

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
rkj
November 17, 2010 07:06AM
rkj

Archeo-peteriX

I'm here as long as you want me grinning smiley

Cab Treadway
I haven't driven an E30 in over 4 years, and you haven't entirely gotten rid of me yet. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I'm sorry you had to let it go, Archie, but I'm sure you did the right thing. Next time 'round, you can find one with the proper number of pedals. smileys with beer

It's a good thing you two are around, very important members here.
November 17, 2010 09:17AM
Well... It is true then, everything comes to an end. Even when it's a bitter end. Still, you're welcome here and not just because you know a bit about E30's, but because you're quite bearable. It's not because you haven't got an E30 anymore that you can't be an E30 enthusiast.
I wasn't really sure what to expect but I was prepared to take any heat I might have gotten.

Just know that I am and always will be an E30 enthusiast. One day, I hope there will be another.

The upside of all this is that the proceeds from selling the iX have bought us a little breathing room, financially smiling smiley

I will also now be getting myself fully acquainted with the S-10...too bad there doesn't seem to be anything like BENN for this little truck sad smiley
Nor is there a vast repository of manuals, diagrams and technical experience like we have for the E30!

Who knows; maybe I can get that moving winking smiley
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
I wasn't really sure what to expect but I was prepared to take any heat I might have gotten.

Just know that I am and always will be an E30 enthusiast. One day, I hope there will be another.

The upside of all this is that the proceeds from selling the iX have bought us a little breathing room, financially smiling smiley

I will also now be getting myself fully acquainted with the S-10...too bad there doesn't seem to be anything like BENN for this little truck sad smiley
Nor is there a vast repository of manuals, diagrams and technical experience like we have for the E30!

Maybe ebay would have a manual for the S10, seems like a common truck that would have plenty of info out there. What year do you have Peter, and what do you need help on???
November 17, 2010 09:02PM
Peter,
I can certainly sympathize with you in giving up your E-30. I have been fighting with my insurance company over them totaling mine over a fender bender. I was amazed how depressed I was all Summer as it waited the verdict on repairs. I finally had to just spend the extra to get it repaired. It came out very well and I am sorry I waited so long to make the decision. There is a project car that comes up occasionally in this area. One went by last week and a friend picked it up and plans an engine swap and will probably sell it to make a few bucks.

Lets hope the economy picks up soon and you can get back to regular employment. You might be surprised at how well you do being self employed. Referral businesses frequently do well.

Bob in Everett
November 17, 2010 09:58PM
Peter, you can join an American car forum such as Team Camaro and ask questions in the bench racing section about the S-10. There are many
GM techs who are Camaro enthusiasts. There are questions all the time about daily drivers and diagnosing problems.

alan
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

Maybe ebay would have a manual for the S10, seems like a common truck that would have plenty of info out there. What year do you have Peter, and what do you need help on???

I do have the Haynes manual for it so I'm not running blind. This should give me enough to get the immediate things done but down the road it would be nice to get as familiar with the truck as I am with the iX smiling smiley

There is a little bit of info out there that one can get for free but it seems like most of it is for sale sad smiley
I managed to find a PDF of the owners manual so that helps a bit too.

This will just be a bit of fun digging out the data as I learn exactly what to search for.
November 18, 2010 07:40AM
alanrw
Peter, you can join an American car forum such as Team Camaro and ask questions in the bench racing section about the S-10. There are many
GM techs who are Camaro enthusiasts. There are questions all the time about daily drivers and diagnosing problems.

alan

That sounds promising; I'll check it out thumbs up
November 18, 2010 08:09AM
This led me to the S-10 forum. Looks like the place to be for the little truck smileys with beer
November 18, 2010 12:06PM
Just don't spend more time with them than you spend with us! ;-)
November 18, 2010 12:58PM
Michiel 318iS

Not likely; the truck isn't an E30 so I doubt I'll get that attached to it or that forum winking smiley

I have 10 years invested in BEN...not much chance of escaping that smiling smiley
December 10, 2010 06:20PM
Michiel 318iS

Never was a truer statement made!

Departure is not an option!

:-) Kelly
December 10, 2010 06:31PM
I have to agree with everyone, it will be a sad day for everyone, if this forum had to loose your knowledge and expertise on the little box made in Germany.
You are part of this forum, you can't go anywhere.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E30'S AREN'T BUILT, THEY'RE CAUGHT IN THE WILD!!!

When in doubt, use full throttle,
it may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspence.
December 10, 2010 07:27PM
Dude and Kelly,
I'm not going anywhere. That other place is a treasure trove of valuable info but 99% of the posters are illiterate so I just use the place for info.
This is a real forum with real people and we truly do have a community here thumbs up
January 24, 2011 09:25AM
Please don't leave, some may need your help with fixing the e30 or building some custom cabinet or anything...
:burnout:
January 24, 2011 05:38PM
Don't worry Jose; I'll not be leaving this place any time soon :biggrin:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login