Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Life is full of left turns(right turns in the ROTW) ;>)

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
Today, I went to a bogus job interview ... then I went and made, in three hours, what I used to make in 8 hours of back breaking labour.

There is more work where I did this small job and the ironical thing is that now I really need the pickup...but I canceled the insurance so we could buy enough KD to survive winking smiley

The quandary has raised it's head again. Relax, the iX is safe but do I gamble on making the truck, and any repairs it needs, paying for itself with paying projects or do I bite the bullet and finance a much newer truck and do the handyman thing?
Well, shelter and food come first. If the truck brings in the bacon, put insurance on it, take insurance off the IX (like when you restore a car, much cheaper if the car is off the road).

Good Luck Peter

alan
rkj
Okay first off what is RTOW and then KD. I love to know things, sorry I'm so behind the curve confused smiley

I would like to say peter, with your gifts in mind, you might need access to a truck sometimes. If, like Alan sez, the truck is necessary to make $ you'll just have to give up the IX for awhile (make believe, as Alan points out, you're doing a resto on her (it's a her, right?)) and be with the truck for a spell.

Of course you could be looking for an old trialer someone is ready to throw away (or sell for next to nothing) and get yourself hooked up that way. Remember, no sides, they just get in the way!..... Although I used to have wood sides that fit in slots on the bed, those were handy come to think of it B)

Keep at it Bro, I'm in the same boat here.
rkj
Okay first off what is RTOW and then KD. I love to know things, sorry I'm so behind the curve confused smiley

I would like to say peter, with your gifts in mind, you might need access to a truck sometimes. If, like Alan sez, the truck is necessary to make $ you'll just have to give up the IX for awhile (make believe, as Alan points out, you're doing a resto on her (it's a her, right?)) and be with the truck for a spell.

Of course you could be looking for an old trialer someone is ready to throw away (or sell for next to nothing) and get yourself hooked up that way. Remember, no sides, they just get in the way!..... Although I used to have wood sides that fit in slots on the bed, those were handy come to think of it B)

Keep at it Bro, I'm in the same boat here.

I'm with Rick here. Hang on!
I would think being a hanyman has a big upside. There are people out there who can't even change a light bulb and are always looking for help. If my house is like yours, there's always some project or something like a stuck shower door or a leaky faucet or toilet to fix. It never ends.

alan
ROTW ... Rest of the world

KD ... Kraft Dinner; ie mac and cheese.
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

Sometimes I think I'll never truly catch up to the present century winking smiley I am using compact disc now though!
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

Sometimes I think I'll never truly catch up to the present century winking smiley I am using compact disc now though!

That's good but CD is nearly dead; DVD on it's way out and BlueRay is the current storage media/system winking smiley
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

That's good but CD is nearly dead; DVD on it's way out and BlueRay is the current storage media/system winking smiley

See
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

See

You're doing just fine buddy smileys with beer
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

See

You're doing just fine buddy smileys with beer

Now you tell me eye rolling smiley
Archeo-peteriX
Today, I went to a bogus job interview ... then I went and made, in three hours, what I used to make in 8 hours of back breaking labour.

There is more work where I did this small job and the ironical thing is that now I really need the pickup...but I canceled the insurance so we could buy enough KD to survive winking smiley

The quandary has raised it's head again. Relax, the iX is safe but do I gamble on making the truck, and any repairs it needs, paying for itself with paying projects or do I bite the bullet and finance a much newer truck and do the handyman thing?

Hi P, Great news on the new self-employment plans! Also, I might target upscale residential areas if possible. Have you ever run your own business before?

Cheers, Kelly
Kelly
Archeo-peteriX

Hi P, Great news on the new self-employment plans! Also, I might target upscale residential areas if possible. Have you ever run your own business before?

Cheers, Kelly

Hi Kelly,

It wasn't really my plan; I am probably going to be forced to go this routes. At 62 years of age, there aren't many places willing to take you on these days.
Prior to getting into the cabinetmaking business last year; I spent the previous 9 years working as a self employed consultant in the high tech electronics industry.
I'm quite familiar with the 'feast or famine' aspects of having this type of business winking smiley

I live in a fairly upscale community to start with so most of what I would expect to be doing is upgrades and/or repairs. There should be no shortage of work if I pursue it smiling smiley
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
Kelly
Archeo-peteriX

Cheers, Kelly

Hi Kelly,

It wasn't really my plan; I am probably going to be forced to go this routes. At 62 years of age, there aren't many places willing to take you on these days.
Prior to getting into the cabinetmaking business last year; I spent the previous 9 years working as a self employed consultant in the high tech electronics industry.
I'm quite familiar with the 'feast or famine' aspects of having this type of business winking smiley

I live in a fairly upscale community to start with so most of what I would expect to be doing is upgrades and/or repairs. There should be no shortage of work if I pursue it smiling smiley

That doesn't sound So bad Peter and it might tide you over until till some thing really good comes along. And you know, once the word gets around you're open for business who knows what will happen.

Think about what could happen and steer them in your direction. smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login