Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looks like Fall has arrived...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
September 18, 2010 10:28AM
A little while ago the little black hooded Juncos arrived en mass. There are probably a couple of hundred flitting around the back yard.
I just saw some other birds that have been missing all summer as well.

It's nice to see so many birds again...summer usually has most of them moved to the forests in the local mountains.
rkj
September 18, 2010 07:28PM
Archeo-peteriX
A little while ago the little black hooded Juncos arrived en mass. There are probably a couple of hundred flitting around the back yard.

It's nice to see so many birds again...summer usually has most of them moved to the forests in the local mountains.

Interesting, I'm starting to see signs of fall too; some brown leaves on the ground and less summer people thumbs up
September 18, 2010 10:21PM
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

Interesting, I'm starting to see signs of fall too; some brown leaves on the ground and less summer people thumbs up

What do summer people look like? Do they have accents? grinning smiley
September 19, 2010 02:07AM
Shorts and ugly shirts?
September 19, 2010 08:05AM
Those are the locals tongue sticking out smiley
rkj
September 19, 2010 11:48AM
Well, you know what they say about summer people; some are people and some are not but most aren't :? This year seemed especially weird, maybe it was the heat! all I know is that I kept to the back roads whenever possible smileys with beer and smiled alot
September 19, 2010 12:48PM
Here too, there's fungus showing up in the lawn, getting colder at night (turned up the heating yesterday for the first time this year). Fruit is falling from the trees and farmers start to get the crop in.
September 19, 2010 06:32PM
.....so much for global warming?

alan
September 19, 2010 08:03PM
alanrw
.....so much for global warming?

alan

Yeh, it seems to have fallen out of the lime light in political arenas smiling bouncing smiley
September 20, 2010 03:44AM
It is Long Island, after all. The summer people are the ones with NO accent. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
rkj
September 20, 2010 03:54PM
Cab Treadway
It is Long Island, after all. The summer people are the ones with NO accent. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I think it's the other way round; lots of gold chains (not that there's anything wrong with that) and up the Islandeze accents, out here we talk normally smiling smiley

What a nice day we had today, two weeks after Labor Day it was back to normal. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login