Oh Cool

Posted by rkj 
rkj
September 17, 2010 02:08PM
We're running again smileys with beer
September 17, 2010 02:46PM
rkj

Yes, I almost freeked out when I couldn't get my BENN fix last night eye popping smiley
rkj
September 17, 2010 05:25PM
Archeo-peteriX
rkj

Yes, I almost freeked out when I couldn't get my BENN fix last night eye popping smiley

I knowwww B)
September 17, 2010 05:57PM
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
rkj

I knowwww B)

The old adrenalin is back to normal now and I fixed a small problem on the iX smiling smiley

Right front blinker wasn't registering and the flasher was going at that fast rate that let's you know there is a problem.

When I removed the lens, I found a lot of green slime growing in the cavity. The bulb was fine, just needed a good cleaning along with the cavity and all is good again smileys with beer

A simple job, to be sure, but definitely satisfying grinning smiley

Not looking forward to stripping down the dash to fix a couple of 'simple' things like a blown fuseable link(and maybe the hot water switch); SI battery replacement with remote battery compartment for easy replacement and an annoying rattle or plastic creak that has to be fixed.

Maybe I should just sell it to an E30 enthusiast in my area...
September 19, 2010 08:06PM
Sorry for the scare, guys. I'll try not to let it happen again. smiling smiley

September 19, 2010 10:02PM
Dave_G
Sorry for the scare, guys. I'll try not to let it happen again. smiling smiley

Yeh...some of us are getting older and our hearts might not take the shock next time, LOL eye popping smiley
September 26, 2010 05:12PM

The old adrenalin is back to normal now and I fixed a small problem on the iX smiling smiley

Right front blinker wasn't registering and the flasher was going at that fast rate that let's you know there is a problem.

When I removed the lens, I found a lot of green slime growing in the cavity. The bulb was fine, just needed a good cleaning along with the cavity and all is good again smileys with beer

A simple job, to be sure, but definitely satisfying grinning smiley

Not looking forward to stripping down the dash to fix a couple of 'simple' things like a blown fuseable link(and maybe the hot water switch); SI battery replacement with remote battery compartment for easy replacement and an annoying rattle or plastic creak that has to be fixed.

Maybe I should just sell it to an E30 enthusiast in my area...

Low blinker fluid? grinning smiley

A very pleasant afternoon is coming your way, pulling apart the dash... Never mind the remote battery compartment, is no big deal to pull the instrument cluster every 6 to 10 year to replace batteries anyway... grinning smiley
September 26, 2010 07:31PM
I'll install a remote battery compartment...just like BMW would have done if they had thought about it winking smiley
rkj
October 23, 2010 07:41PM
Archeo-peteriX
I'll install a remote battery compartment...just like BMW would have done if they had thought about it winking smiley

Do we have a how to on this Peter?
October 23, 2010 09:57PM
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

I seem to remember something on the original BEN technical articles section.

But basically, you remove the SI board, unsolder the old batteries and solder in the wires to one of those Radio Shack battery holders. You put everything back together and mount the battery holder under the dash where you can get to it thumbs up
rkj
October 24, 2010 07:29PM
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

I seem to remember something on the original BEN technical articles section.

But basically, you remove the SI board, unsolder the old batteries and solder in the wires to one of those Radio Shack battery holders. You put everything back together and mount the battery holder under the dash where you can get to it thumbs up

Yes yes, but I need pictures, and a step by step walk through eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login