Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New wheels...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
September 05, 2010 08:10PM
Picked up a nice little truck today.
September 05, 2010 09:27PM
I did not know that BMW made pickup trucks....

Bob in Everett
rkj
September 05, 2010 10:23PM
Archeo-peteriX
Picked up a nice little truck today.

Looks useful but I'm concerned; what happens to the IX? confused smiley
September 05, 2010 10:24PM
They had a special contract with GM in the early 90s. The outcome was the Chevy S-10 and the BMW X5 winking smiley
September 05, 2010 10:30PM
It becomes my weekender.

Now I will be able to attend to a couple of things that might require the iX being undriveable for a while. I want to get the A/C running again and I have to find an oil leak that appeared right after the last timing belt change. I have to pull the dash apart for the A/C fix so I will also do the SI batteries since it no longer resets.
I'm going to buy a car cover so the paint doesn't get any worse...I figure if I can clean it up and get enough wax on it, there may be some hope of retaining it's cherry red looks smiling smiley
The right front axel boot is torn, so that will also be taken care of.

Most of these items would require the car being undriveable for a day or two at a time and I couldn't afford the down time. With the little truck, I can now do these things at my leisure thumbs up
September 06, 2010 10:16AM
Well chosen words!
rkj
September 06, 2010 02:10PM
Archeo-peteriX
It becomes my weekender.

Now I will be able to attend to a couple of things that might require the iX being undriveable for a while. I want to get the A/C running again and I have to find an oil leak that appeared right after the last timing belt change. I have to pull the dash apart for the A/C fix so I will also do the SI batteries since it no longer resets.
I'm going to buy a car cover so the paint doesn't get any worse...I figure if I can clean it up and get enough wax on it, there may be some hope of retaining it's cherry red looks smiling smiley

Most of these items would require the car being undriveable for a day or two at a time and I couldn't afford the down time. With the little truck, I can now do these things at my leisure thumbs up

Okay then, that all sounds right thumbs up Peter
September 08, 2010 06:42PM
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
It becomes my weekender.

Yes Peter, we approve thumbs up You may continue now smiling smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
September 08, 2010 10:24PM
Earendil
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
It becomes my weekender.

Excellent; now I just have to work on upgrading the suspension and steering so it feels like a BMW grinning smiley

Yes Peter, we approve thumbs up You may continue now smiling smiley
September 26, 2010 05:05PM

Excellent; now I just have to work on upgrading the suspension and steering so it feels like a BMW

Don't be too disappointed after that...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login