Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Browser issues

Posted by rkj 
rkj
December 21, 2008 09:09AM
I use firefox, cause I love the control+ thing, I'm a touch blind. But one of my computers, the one I often use shuts it down all the time. I tried hotfixes but nothing stops the problem, so I start internet explorer and eveything seems fine but I hate it (no control+). Is there a cool browser other than firefox? Regards, Rick
December 21, 2008 09:21AM
i use google chrome exclusively. it's very lightweight, has tabs, moves quickly, and looks good.

[www.google.com]

rkj
December 21, 2008 09:27AM
daniel
i use google chrome exclusively. it's very lightweight, has tabs, moves quickly, and looks good.

[www.google.com]

Does it carry the control+ feature?
December 21, 2008 09:45AM
rkj
daniel

[www.google.com]

Does it carry the control+ feature?

Rick, the CTRL+ feature is a part of Windows so you don't have to give it up if you change browsers.
Your problems may look like they are Firefox related but are actually part of Microsoft's attempts to force people off other browsers.

When ever I run into this problem, I simply run a system restore. I restore back to the last Microsoft update before the problems arose and all is fine.
Try it, you've got nothing to lose and Firefox is still the safest browser available for Windows...not to mention privacy issues(read Chrome sad smiley )
December 21, 2008 10:20AM
did troubles with firefox started after one of the version upgrades? Sometimes, and for whatever reason, installing/upgrading to a new version of ff on top of the old one could cause problems you described. Uninstall firefox (your profile/preferences will be saved on comp), download newest version of firefox and do clean install. Hopefully this will fix the problem.
I had similar issue where ff was crashing, did the above, and am fine now.

hth,
Igor
rkj
December 21, 2008 10:25AM
igor325
did troubles with firefox started after one of the version upgrades? Sometimes, and for whatever reason, installing/upgrading to a new version of ff on top of the old one could cause problems you described. Uninstall firefox (your profile/preferences will be saved on comp), download newest version of firefox and do clean install. Hopefully this will fix the problem.
I had similar issue where ff was crashing, did the above, and am fine now.

hth,
Igor

Thanks Peter, and yes Igor, that did happen. I'll try a reload and see. smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login