Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My week offet and I finally got a week to ourselves up

Posted by rkj 
rkj
So, Janet and I finally got a week to ourselves up here in Willsboro. Her family has a cabin on Willsboro point right on lake Champlain, what a spot. The internet is sketchy at best but I keep getting better hacks on neighbors gateways. I wish we had more time, would have loved to get to Ferdinand and Cab but right now it's nice to R&R with Janet for a few days and reconnect. I'll keep trying for a better connection but till then, Cheers from upper New York, no crowds and no tension except the bat that came in last night. Now he's hiding somewhere but I'm determined to relocate him.... Rick
All the best to you two lovers smileys with beer

Don't worry about the bat...it's just lost and will soon take a hike grinning smiley
Sounds like a great time. I'll mentally wave to you as you eventually drift back south through my latitude. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Bats are good, they eat tons of mosquitoes. Live and let live, my friend. smileys with beer

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
rkj
August 15, 2010 07:10PM
Hey, yes, I finally caught him in a towel and let him go outside to his bat friends, it was actually a nice calm thing. Everything is going great with us, wow, what a nice time I'm having with this girl of mine. The internet shows itself when the conditions are favorable (like right now) from my neighbors gateway... I'll report in with a full story in a few days but I must say now, I had a ride in a Hacker 30 yesterday that was really fun and today we had a tour (by the owner) of an old 1904 working water power house I always check out up here but never have had a look inside, full story to come. Yes Peter, lovers again.....cool

Cheers, Rick
August 23, 2010 04:16PM
Sorry I missed you! I live just across the lake on the Vermont side, but we spent the last two weeks over on the New York side, in the Adirondacks, miles from anywhere (including Internet access). We were probably about 45 minutes from Willsboro. I had one nice adventure with the iX (which I'll write about separately), but mostly it was two weeks of fishing, boating, hiking, and hanging out on the dock watching the lake. I'm not quite ready to be back yet. smiling smiley

August 26, 2010 11:31AM
Dave_G
Sorry I missed you! I live just across the lake on the Vermont side, but we spent the last two weeks over on the New York side, in the Adirondacks, miles from anywhere (including Internet access). We were probably about 45 minutes from Willsboro. I had one nice adventure with the iX (which I'll write about separately), but mostly it was two weeks of fishing, boating, hiking, and hanging out on the dock watching the lake. I'm not quite ready to be back yet. smiling smiley

That's funny Dave, After our stay at the cabin we took the ferry to Burlington and drifted over and down to south royalton and stayed with my daughter who just started her law school there. Zephyr got a great place (a converted barn) on the side of a mountain (yes, we are shopping for tires for the winter). The roads (some of them being rebuilt) were a joy even in the loaded down Eta. The minute we got in Vermont it felt different (wonderful) and the deeper we went the more cool it was.... full story to come. We might have passed each other smiling bouncing smiley

Rick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login