Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The curse of the iX

Posted by Dave_G 
December 19, 2008 02:48PM
I love my iX. (You may have heard me say that before.) It's by far the most fun vehicle I've ever had the pleasure to slide around in the snow. It takes years off my age. But there's a problem. It's too fun. To drive it the way it begs to be driven makes me look like a hooligan, and in the small town I live in, if I look like a hooligan, it will be all over town within a day.

This afternoon we got a few inches of snow that turned the roads slippery, and turned my iX into its wintertime alter ego, the Fun Machine. But how could I avail myself of its charms and joie de vivre when the rest of the townspeople are all driving sensibly, carefully, and slowly? Don't get me wrong, this isn't a complaint; I'm glad that people are being careful. So I putter along with them, while my car says "is this the best you can do?"

Going down the hill out of town on a road that's posted 50 MPH, the car in front of the train I was in was going 12 MPH. sad smiley

I really need to get out to a rally-x. smiling smiley Or better yet, ice racing once the ice on the lake gets thicker.

December 19, 2008 04:01PM
i wish i had had an iX over the past weekend in portland.

December 19, 2008 07:17PM
Dave_G
I love my iX. (You may have heard me say that before.) It's by far the most fun vehicle I've ever had the pleasure to slide around in the snow. It takes years off my age. But there's a problem. It's too fun. To drive it the way it begs to be driven makes me look like a hooligan, and in the small town I live in, if I look like a hooligan, it will be all over town within a day.

This afternoon we got a few inches of snow that turned the roads slippery, and turned my iX into its wintertime alter ego, the Fun Machine. But how could I avail myself of its charms and joie de vivre when the rest of the townspeople are all driving sensibly, carefully, and slowly? Don't get me wrong, this isn't a complaint; I'm glad that people are being careful. So I putter along with them, while my car says "is this the best you can do?"

Going down the hill out of town on a road that's posted 50 MPH, the car in front of the train I was in was going 12 MPH. sad smiley

I really need to get out to a rally-x. smiling smiley Or better yet, ice racing once the ice on the lake gets thicker.

I feel your pain but here it's just the opposite...no body slows down to appropriate speeds for the road conditions, tire conditions or lack of brain conditions. Here, the IX's sure footedness only serves to get me out of harms way when I can see it coming :?
December 19, 2008 07:18PM
daniel

I wouldn't let you in an iX...shift already you're over revving the engine grinning smiley
December 19, 2008 11:22PM
Archeo-peteriX
daniel

I wouldn't let you in an iX...shift already you're over revving the engine grinning smiley

it took me a REALLY long time to get your joke there (its almost 3am here), but i finally got it. there, i shifted.

and why wouldnt you let me in an iX?

December 20, 2008 08:58AM
daniel
Archeo-peteriX
daniel

it took me a REALLY long time to get your joke there (its almost 3am here), but i finally got it. there, i shifted.

and why wouldnt you let me in an iX?

Because you were over revving in second gear grinning smiley

You can drive my iX anytime you want smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login