Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Summer?

Posted by Michiel 318iS 
July 16, 2010 01:35PM
I haven't been online a lot the last couple of weeks (bought a house and we're having some work to do), the few times I've checked, not much had happened here. I just hope that it's a good summer for all of you, with little time to loose in front of the computer screen.
July 16, 2010 03:26PM
First of all; congratulations on the new home. We know how much work that involves so you need not make any excuses for your absence winking smiley

Summer here has finally started in the last couple of weeks. Heck, I even washed the iX eye popping smiley Guess what, it's almost red underneath all that dirt and grime. I may actually have another go at polishing the pink out grinning smiley

I think it is quite everywhere on the E30 front since our favourite chariots are getting long in the tooth. Mine just turned over 250,000km; I figure it's good for another 500,000km if I treat it well smileys with beer
July 16, 2010 04:30PM
It was 102 yesterday in SoCal. so I guess summer is here.

alan
rkj
July 16, 2010 05:08PM
alanrw

alan

It's been hot here too, on the east coast (usa). The dew point is the icing on the cake for us older guys sad smiley

Rick
July 16, 2010 08:46PM
I read it was 50C/122F in Arizona today eye popping smiley
rkj
July 16, 2010 09:33PM
Archeo-peteriX
I read it was 50C/122F in Arizona today eye popping smiley

How do they stand it confused smiley
July 16, 2010 10:02PM
Not too well, I would imagine sad smiley
July 16, 2010 11:06PM
125*F in Death Valley today.

Yowser!!!!!!

alan
July 18, 2010 04:49AM
It was 55°C when I was in Death Valley, 13 years ago. Food was served with salt chips, the car overheated on a slight slope. Loved it! Especially the skies at night, never imagined being able to see so many stars!
July 18, 2010 05:06AM
Mine hasn't even reached 250.000 km (240something) and it's been put to rest. Mainly because I'll have to cover some 50.000 km yearly now and I'd like to keep the E30 for many more years.
July 19, 2010 04:52AM
rkj
alanrw

alan

It's been hot here too, on the east coast (usa). The dew point is the icing on the cake for us older guys sad smiley

Rick

Younger guys, too. This stickiness just plain sucks. Most summers, we'll get humid stretches that last for a few days to maybe a week. The one we're stuck in now has been going on for well nigh a month now. Ugh. It's not been oppressive humidity (I don't know HOW people live in the south), but it has not been comfortable to be outside for quite a while. The air conditioners have been running practically nonstop, if not for the cold then to dry out the air. I usually don't complain about the weather, and heaven knows back in pre-A/C days they had it much rougher, but man, I am not a happy camper lately. The long-range forecast doesn't look like it will improve (read: dry out) anytime soon, either. Dewpoints look like they're staying in the mid-to-high 60s for the length of my local forecast. Have I said "ugh?"

As for the high temps in Arizona, well, I spent 9 years in NM, and I would MUCH rather have temps well over 100 in the desert than have high 80s to 90s here. The desert is hot, but it's very dry. Drink water and stay in the shade and it's tolerable. smiling smileyo I used to leave work and it would be 115, and even then I wouldn't use the car's A/C, just open the windows and I'd be fine. Go in the shade and the temp drops tremendously. That said, 122F is still damn hot, but I would take it over many of the days we've had here. Around here, you just can't escape the humidity. Triple ugh. confused smiley

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
rkj
July 19, 2010 07:32PM
Cab Treadway
rkj
alanrw

alan

Rick

Younger guys, too. This stickiness just plain sucks. Most summers, we'll get humid stretches that last for a few days to maybe a week. The one we're stuck in now has been going on for well nigh a month now. Ugh. It's not been oppressive humidity (I don't know HOW people live in the south), but it has not been comfortable to be outside for quite a while. The air conditioners have been running practically nonstop, if not for the cold then to dry out the air. I usually don't complain about the weather, and heaven knows back in pre-A/C days they had it much rougher, but man, I am not a happy camper lately. The long-range forecast doesn't look like it will improve (read: dry out) anytime soon, either. Dewpoints look like they're staying in the mid-to-high 60s for the length of my local forecast. Have I said "ugh?"

As for the high temps in Arizona, well, I spent 9 years in NM, and I would MUCH rather have temps well over 100 in the desert than have high 80s to 90s here. The desert is hot, but it's very dry. Drink water and stay in the shade and it's tolerable. smiling smileyo I used to leave work and it would be 115, and even then I wouldn't use the car's A/C, just open the windows and I'd be fine. Go in the shade and the temp drops tremendously. That said, 122F is still damn hot, but I would take it over many of the days we've had here. Around here, you just can't escape the humidity. Triple ugh. confused smiley

It has gone on forever sad smiley can the whole summer be like this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login