Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Time for change

Posted by Michiel 318iS 
June 09, 2010 02:23PM
So, I have been hiding this from you for almost a week now. Last Thursday I picked up my new every day companion, hopefully for a lot of happy motoring.
Chose for a self igniter this time, a 2003 E46 320d, as I'll move in about a month's time and I'll need to cover a lot more kilometers, 96 more, single direction, coming from 10 km. That's 212 km daily.

Some facts: 150 hp, 330 Nm, 6 speed, 120.000 km, M-pack, cloth/alcantara sports seats, Xenon (with aftermarket angel eyes, not what I would do but looks nice)

Nice car, OBC averaged 5.5-5.7 l/100 km over 400 km now (that's 41-43 mpg for the US people), hope that reflects reality, I'll see when I get my 2nd refill (bought it with a quarter of a tank and haven't had to go yet).
Even with the 18" wheels the ride is comfortable, shorter bumps are more noticeable but not annoying. The wide 225/255 wheels do give some steering reaction when driving in ruts.

And the good old E30? I'm keeping it! The house I bought with my girlfriend has a big garage to it (25x8 meter), it'll rest there while being looked after (some rust and mechanical stuff to do, nothing major, just thorough maintenance). In 5 years time it'll officially be an old timer, which makes it much cheaper to run.
June 09, 2010 02:27PM
Nice! thumbs up I'm glad to hear you're keeping the E30. smiling smiley

June 09, 2010 05:17PM
Congratulations on the new purchases, house, car and all...smileys with beer

212Km per day is a lot to drive every day. Are you sure you can cope with it?
You will be driving more than two hours per day.
You may say "look who's talking" cause i moved to a city 70Km away from where I work...
It can get expensive if you add things up, i do most commuting by train so expenses are fixed, but i had one week doing it by car, with a renault megane 1.5dci, 6 sp., it averaged 6.8 (highway mostly, at 120km/h).
My old Citroen BX 1.6 averages 7.8 at the same duty, difference is gasoline costs a lot more...
My sister has a 320d from 1998, same color as yours, she claims around 6l/100 km, mostly highway driving at easy pace.

Keep us posted on your great projects!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 35
Record Number of Users: 3 on September 29, 2015
Record Number of Guests: 109 on June 08, 2017