Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Got half way to the dentist and...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
December 17, 2008 10:19AM
decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
People are driving like the roads are dry and it's summer time confused smiley
By the time I got to the point where the last convenient turn around spot was, the traffic had already report half a dozen accidents on both of the two routes I could take from where I was at the time.

It just isn't worth the risk of having some idiot on no season tires pile into the iX. No matter what, insurance never covers all of the damage and with the age of these cars it won't take much damage to have it written off. I want to buy a new(er) car on my terms.
December 17, 2008 10:43AM
I can assure you with great certainty, you won't be the only cancellation in the guy's schedule today.

alan
rkj
December 17, 2008 10:59AM
Its a smart man who knows when to give it up! I hope you're not in pain Archie smileys with beer
December 17, 2008 11:27AM
Wouldn't want to hurt my teeth in a snowy accident.
December 17, 2008 11:35AM
rkj
Its a smart man who knows when to give it up! I hope you're not in pain Archie smileys with beer

No...no pain and not an emergency; just a lost filling needs to be replaced. It's cosmetic only smiling smiley
December 17, 2008 11:41AM
Michiel 318iS
Wouldn't want to hurt my teeth in a snowy accident.

Same here and it's dumped an inch of snow since I wrote the original post eye popping smiley

This is iX weather for sure but it's not safe with all those other one front wheel drive cars out there winking smiley
December 17, 2008 12:31PM
Archeo-peteriX
it's dumped an inch of snow since I wrote the original post
Wow, that's a huge amount of snow for Vancouver!
December 17, 2008 12:37PM
Ferdinand
Archeo-peteriX
it's dumped an inch of snow since I wrote the original post
Wow, that's a huge amount of snow for Vancouver!

There is another half inch since then and the forecast is for it to continue until tonight with a total accumulation of up to 15cm in some areas.
Later the arctic air will drop down and put us into a deep freeze for the next several days with more snow storms on the week end.

We might even hace some of this stuff around for Christmas eye popping smiley
December 17, 2008 01:28PM
Well, then there's only one thing you can do in a situation like this. Where's the rum and apple cider? Someone grab a pot and put it on the stove.

alan
December 17, 2008 01:59PM
alanrw
Well, then there's only one thing you can do in a situation like this. Where's the rum and apple cider? Someone grab a pot and put it on the stove.

alan
I'm definitely up for that...I'll put the stove in the iX and be right over grinning smiley ... I wish sad smiley
December 18, 2008 02:14PM
Archeo-peteriX
alanrw

alan
I'm definitely up for that...I'll put the stove in the iX and be right over grinning smiley ... I wish sad smiley

Sometimes, if I must drive in bad weather, I rent a car and insure it fully leaving perfect Beemie at home. Because I live in a city, we have a few rental agencies. Yes, I do have to listen to Beemie's complaints for days afterward ,"Why did you leave me at home? I really wanted to go." My replies of "A gash in your side is not a good look Beemie," offer little condolence. For business travel, I usually can bill the client, but obviously not for personal travel.

I hope that all is well Archie. :-) Kelly
December 19, 2008 05:00PM
It's been quite chilly here too, and the xmas season has brought out the worst in some people. I stopped for gas last night and used a pump behind a 5 year old 325i driven by a crazy woman. The gas station has multiple parallel islands with 3 pumps each. She was parked at the pump in front of mine. There was white truck across the driving lane from her. I finished pumping and went indoors to receive my cash change. Although she finished pumping before I, she was still parked in front of me. I waited for her to move but she did not. Eventually I tried to drive around her, but could not pass due to the white truck. About this time, she sees me and looks in the door's rear view mirror. She freaks out inside her car because she thinks I have hit her rear bumper which I did not. My car is simply angled behind hers. She has a fit as she moves her car forward finally allowing me to pass. As I pass her car, she yells out the window "Learn to drive you maniac!" Whatever. I re-enter the highway. Rain was pouring down and I'm driving along at my usual 55-60mph in the right lane. I have no need of great speed on the highway. In about 5 minutes, she passes me going at least 75-80mph and honks the horn. That poor car. It's doomed to carry around a nut case.

Kelly
December 19, 2008 07:14PM
Kelly
It's been quite chilly here too, and the xmas season has brought out the worst in some people. I stopped for gas last night and used a pump behind a 5 year old 325i driven by a crazy woman. The gas station has multiple parallel islands with 3 pumps each. She was parked at the pump in front of mine. There was white truck across the driving lane from her. I finished pumping and went indoors to receive my cash change. Although she finished pumping before I, she was still parked in front of me. I waited for her to move but she did not. Eventually I tried to drive around her, but could not pass due to the white truck. About this time, she sees me and looks in the door's rear view mirror. She freaks out inside her car because she thinks I have hit her rear bumper which I did not. My car is simply angled behind hers. She has a fit as she moves her car forward finally allowing me to pass. As I pass her car, she yells out the window "Learn to drive you maniac!" Whatever. I re-enter the highway. Rain was pouring down and I'm driving along at my usual 55-60mph in the right lane. I have no need of great speed on the highway. In about 5 minutes, she passes me going at least 75-80mph and honks the horn. That poor car. It's doomed to carry around a nut case.

Kelly

Unfortunately E30s sometimes have owners like pets...they abuse them. I'm willing to bet, that poor E30 won't survive to a ripe old age and retire gracefully sad smiley
December 19, 2008 09:45PM
Well, the only honorable thing to do is to form an organization. I propose we call it E30 RESCUE. We shall sally forth and rescue all abused and mishandled E30's and then find good new adoptive homes for them.

smiling smiley

alan
December 20, 2008 09:00AM
alanrw
Well, the only honorable thing to do is to form an organization. I propose we call it E30 RESCUE. We shall sally forth and rescue all abused and mishandled E30's and then find good new adoptive homes for them.

smiling smiley

alan

Try using the 'quote' button...you'll like it grinning smiley

I had to reread the whole thread to find out you were replying to my post...my memory isn't so good after a fine day at the pub :embarrassed:
December 20, 2008 03:22PM
Archeo-peteriX
alanrw

smiling smiley

alan

I had to reread the whole thread to find out you were replying to my post...my memory isn't so good after a fine day at the pub :embarrassed:

Heck, I was just spawled out on the couch with a cup of coffee at 9:45 PM and my memory was shot.......

alan
December 20, 2008 05:06PM
alanrw
Archeo-peteriX
alanrw

smiling smiley

alan

Heck, I was just spawled out on the couch with a cup of coffee at 9:45 PM and my memory was shot.......

alan

What were we discussing...I forget grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login