May 13, 2010 12:03AM
How is everyone doing?

I miss my car. Brought it into the shop sometime last year only to have problems procuring parts. Than that huge typhoon hit and my car got submerged until just below the radio. Work is finally resuming on it again.

Took out the seats now to be reupholstered last week. A friend picked the fabric for me. He picked a black Recarro fabric for the bolsters and a grey fabric for the backrest and seat itself.

The body work has resumed and we are currently cutting parts off e30 junkers to repair rusted areas in my firewall and floor. The suspension components are also going to be removed and the chassis will be sandblasted and a fresh coat of rust-proofing will be applied.

I'm counting down now, the shop has promised me my car back in July. smiling smiley When I get it back, I'll savor it a few months then it's off to the paint shop. smiling smiley
May 27, 2010 09:33AM
Just received some pictures of my seats from the re-upholsterer. Here they are:

Driver's seat

Passenger seat

The fabric on used on the bolster and headrests are by Recaro while the center lighter section is a more generic fabric. The rear seats are done in a similar way but they aren't finished yet. smiling smiley The pictures were taken using a mobile phone and the seats themselves are still going to be cleaned prior to delivery.
May 27, 2010 10:26AM
Nice seats!

May 27, 2010 01:35PM
I like!
May 27, 2010 07:44PM
Thanks! smiling smiley I might drop by the shop where the car is at on Monday. I'll try to get photos there too. smiling smiley
August 01, 2010 02:42AM
I had a couple of parts in storage at home but after a recent renovation, I am now missing those parts. Most importantly, I am missing the cover that goes over the passenger seat recliner lever (or whatever that's called). Can anyone point me to a good source online for this missing piece? I'll also need the fastening screw that goes with it.

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login