Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Home!

Posted by Cab Treadway 
December 16, 2008 06:05PM
Power was restored sometime around noon today. We are home, warm, dry, no busted pipes or cracked toilets. We've never been so happy to walk in to a 40 degree house that is totally messy and disorganized as a result of a few trips to grab supplies for 4 days away. Ugh. Not fun being displaced. Still, we're thankful it was only 4 days. There are many out there who will still be in the cold and dark for several more days. We are also grateful to our friends, who let us stay at their place, and would have continued to let us stay as long as we had to, even though they're leaving town on Thursday. Good friends like that are a blessing.

Thanks for all your words of encouragement, and I hope never to have to hear that any of you are dealing with what we just went through. It was definitely not fun.

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
rkj
December 16, 2008 06:48PM
Thanks for the heads up Cab. Have a good night smileys with beer in Your house.
December 16, 2008 08:48PM
Glad to hear that your are finally home !
December 16, 2008 11:07PM
good news. now get a nice little fire going and you'll be all set.

December 17, 2008 07:36AM
daniel

I sure hope he has a fireplace eye popping smiley
December 17, 2008 06:42PM
Archeo-peteriX
daniel

I sure hope he has a fireplace eye popping smiley

we don't need no stinkin fireplaces

rkj
December 22, 2008 05:45PM
Cab Treadway
Power was restored sometime around noon today. We are home, warm, dry, no busted pipes or cracked toilets. We've never been so happy to walk in to a 40 degree house that is totally messy and disorganized as a result of a few trips to grab supplies for 4 days away. Ugh. Not fun being displaced. Still, we're thankful it was only 4 days. There are many out there who will still be in the cold and dark for several more days. We are also grateful to our friends, who let us stay at their place, and would have continued to let us stay as long as we had to, even though they're leaving town on Thursday. Good friends like that are a blessing.

Thanks for all your words of encouragement, and I hope never to have to hear that any of you are dealing with what we just went through. It was definitely not fun.

They had a person from around your neck of the woods on NPR that still has no power, a lot of people are still out... What a drag sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login