Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new car

Posted by daniel 
April 18, 2010 09:14AM
2001 530i 5-speed. anthrazit metallic, sport, premium, cold-weather packages. Just drove it home from the bay area yesterday - avg 28.6mpg, avg 69.7mph (incl slowdowns/stops). Incredibly smooth, quiet, and comfortable, yet still handles very well. paint is a 9/10 (a couple stone chips/door dings here and there), interior is 10/10. 103k miles, complete service records.

here's a photo i took along the way. i would've taken more, but it was so comfortable that i didn't get tired or stiff, and didn't need to stop!

and to answer the inevitable question: yes, i am keeping my e30, and i will be driving it more than cab drives his! tongue sticking out smiley

April 18, 2010 06:05PM
Looks nice. Are you the second owner?
April 19, 2010 04:19AM
Looks good!

daniel
yes, i am keeping my e30, and i will be driving it more than cab drives his! tongue sticking out smiley

Duh... even people who don't have E30s drive theirs more than I do. OTOH, in 3 weeks I'll be done with grad school, then I'll have a son in about 3 weeks after that, so I got that going for me. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
April 19, 2010 10:29AM
Nice one! Have fun and good luck with it!
April 20, 2010 01:14PM
Cab Treadway
OTOH, in 3 weeks I'll be done with grad school, then I'll have a son i about 3 weeks after that, so I got that going for me. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Double congratulations!

I have found that sons are really handy when it's time to bleed the brakes. grinning smiley

April 21, 2010 12:58PM
Dave_G
Cab Treadway
OTOH, in 3 weeks I'll be done with grad school, then I'll have a son i about 3 weeks after that, so I got that going for me. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Double congratulations!

I have found that sons are really handy when it's time to bleed the brakes. grinning smiley

Girls are good too!

Nice car Daniel. good luck with her/him smileys with beer
April 22, 2010 10:12AM
daniel
2001 530i 5-speed. anthrazit metallic, sport, premium, cold-weather packages. Just drove it home from the bay area yesterday - avg 28.6mpg, avg 69.7mph (incl slowdowns/stops). Incredibly smooth, quiet, and comfortable, yet still handles very well. paint is a 9/10 (a couple stone chips/door dings here and there), interior is 10/10. 103k miles, complete service records.

Awesome! Enjoy the smoother ride!

and to answer the inevitable question: yes, i am keeping my e30, and i will be driving it more than cab drives his! tongue sticking out smiley

Are you sure? winking smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
April 22, 2010 09:32PM
John Yust
Looks nice. Are you the second owner?

i am the 3rd owner, but the 2nd owner had it from 2003 to 2010.

Cab Treadway
Looks good!

daniel
yes, i am keeping my e30, and i will be driving it more than cab drives his! tongue sticking out smiley

Duh... even people who don't have E30s drive theirs more than I do. OTOH, in 3 weeks I'll be done with grad school, then I'll have a son in about 3 weeks after that, so I got that going for me. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

congrats!

Earendil
daniel

Awesome! Enjoy the smoother ride!

Are you sure? winking smiley

Am I sure I am keeping it? I'm pretty sure. I'd only sell it if I was having financial hardships or something. ALTHOUGH it is tempting to sell the E30 and supercharge the M54 to get 375ish hp. sleeper, anyone?

Am I sure I will drive it more than Cab drives his? Using his own words - even people who don't have e30s drive theirs more than he does!

May 17, 2010 05:10PM
Looks great!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login